Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community Centres

Options
  • 01-12-2009 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Looking for a community centre/parish hall to rent in Dublin City, as close to the City Centre as possible. Somewhere ideally with a wooden floor and cheap hourly rent.

I can think of several places like this in South County Dublin but not familiar with any in the City Centre, even names or locations would be helpful and then I'll just follow up from there.

Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Looking for a community centre/parish hall to rent in Dublin City, as close to the City Centre as possible. Somewhere ideally with a wooden floor and cheap hourly rent.

I can think of several places like this in South County Dublin but not familiar with any in the City Centre, even names or locations would be helpful and then I'll just follow up from there.

Ta!

A girl in work used to teach yoga in a place in Cabra, but I cannot remember the name of it. Can't get the name as I don't work there anymore.
    Its not really city centre, but its close...sorry I couldn't help more.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Carmelite Community Centre 56 Aungier Street Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 18 slowly horse

Thanks, will check those out. Oh and I should add that I would need it up until maybe 9 or 10 at night, that might rule a few places out :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thanks, will check those out. Oh and I should add that I would need it up until maybe 9 or 10 at night, that might rule a few places out :/

The link I posted above has the opening times. My local one (Donore Ave) is open till 10pm during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 slowly horse

The link I posted above has the opening times. My local one (Donore Ave) is open till 10pm during the week.
    Thanks, I had inquired with a couple of those centres (Irishtown, Markievicz) and they charge between 60-70euro an hour to use their studios/rooms which is out of my budget. I'll call a few more to see if there's any variation in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CliM

Did you try any of the schools? Synge Street School (just off the south circular / Camden Street) rents out its hall/ some rooms in the evenings...you could try there? Dont know what it charges, but there are classes on some evenings...Best of luck.

Advertisement