Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you love or Hate the Irish Climate?

Options
  • 01-12-2009 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭

Personally, I think it is OK...

...about 4% of the time:p The "sameyness" can be a bit tiresome but when its good, its incredible.

Any thoughts? :)

Do You Love or Hate the Irish Weather? 53 votes

Yes, I love it! It's Fantastic!
    0% 0 votes
    S'okay I S'spose
    15% 8 votes
    It's Crap
    37% 20 votes
    Can't take it no more, where's my passport...
    47% 25 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I actually love the climate. no extremes, no sudden changes/swings, overall very agreeable.

The weather is shoyte though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

I think it's crap. Too uniform. The easist way you can tell what season we're in is by looking at the trees and how long your shadow is at noon.
    It can be interesting from a weather enthusiast's point of view from time to time, but mostly it's just the usual influx of dreary drizzly greyness from the atlantic.
    I don't really like extreme heat, so that's a plus, but please give me some sunshine for a a couple of months!
    Snow I do like, but even last February's attempt (best in years) was pathetic unless you live in the Wicklow Mtns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭dynamopiev

<3

It's the climate that makes for a green and luscious landscape

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

dynamopiev wrote: »
    <3

Which is all well and good for sightseeing tourists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

dynamopiev wrote: »
    <3

and make a killing selling wellies..!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭dynamopiev

Rougies wrote: »
    Which is all well and good for sightseeing tourists.

and people that like green and luscious landscapes on a day-to-day basis!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i dont like it 90% of the time, the past 3 years being particular bad with 14C torrential rain soaked July and August days and 12C December and January damp wet days. lucky to get 1 snow day a year and lucky to get 1 day a year over 23C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

All in all I think it's crap. Winter time is mostly mild muck with only a few days of snow a year, only once maybe twice a decade we see some decent snow. Summer, nice days are few and far between especially the last few summers were bad. I would love for our climate to be more extreme with hot summers and very cold winters with lot's of snow every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i guess given it's an irish trait to complain, it would be a disappointment if the climate (particularly in winter time) fulfilled all my expectations. were we to experience the amounts of snow many other countries get, snow would likely lose some of its charm for me. sorry pangea:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

would love a continental climate,loads of fluffy white snow in the winter with the prospect of love sunny hot days in the summer,best of both worlds :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

jambofc wrote: »
    would love a continental climate,loads of fluffy white snow in the winter with the prospect of love sunny hot days in the summer,best of both worlds :)

except that continental climates also come with rapid changes
    30 degrees humid heat the one day, 15 degrees with driving rain the next ...knocks you for six that does
    also ...continental winters with weeks of temps below zero, never a thaw ...our houses aren't built for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Recent years have taxed me quite a bit to be honest, we better get a summer in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭bladespin

I like seasons, wish we had some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Its ok.

We don't get bad hurricanes, bad tornadoes, bad snowstorms, even our rain is not as extreme as it sometimes appears.

Shouldn't really complain but we can't help it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

During last harvest I was definitely in the where's my passport camp, hopefully next year I'll be in the it's heaven group, but for now tis OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Not OK & not crap - need a category in between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

The weather in Ireland is kind of like spotting a girl from a distance and thinking she is good looking. Then when she gets closer all you feel is disappointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Min wrote: »
    Its crap :mad:

We don't get bad hurricanes, bad tornadoes, bad snowstorms, even our rain is not as extreme as it sometimes appears.

Shouldn't really complain but we have every reason to!!

Fixed your post! :p

Advertisement