Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Welcome ... humanji!

• 01-12-2009 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

So...

if no-one has noticed yet, I'd like to present to you all as the latest addition to our moderators on the CT forum.

On behalf of 6th and myself, I'd like to genuinely thank everyone who put their names forward, and made their cases. There were a number of very solid choices, and it wasn't an easy choice. I'm not saying that just to make the right noises...I genuinely mean it.

We decided not to go down the X-Factor road of having some sort of court of public appeal to decide who we were going to pick. We're also not going to open our reasons for who we did and did not pick to public scrutiny and Monday quarterbacking. Given the recent goings-on in the Feedback forum, you can probably take a good guess at (some of) our reasoning.

Anyway...a changing of the guard. A new era begins. A bright new day.

Me...I'm hoping that this is going to help bring the forum in a new direction...one that helps sort out some of hte problems that have been dogging us for some time now.

So no weight of expectation there, eh? ;)

And with that...let me finish by saying...

Welcome humanji.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Congrats humanji and best of luck as mod.......you might need it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Congrats Humanji.

May God have mercy on your soul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,297 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Would have been my choice too. After me of course :D

Congrats humanji

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Well done humanji, I hope you get some enjoyment out of your new position!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

I for one welcome our Robin Williams Shaped overlords.

No wait that was jumanji....jumanji....

Just remember you don't have to be crazy to work or post here, you just believe that the CIA are reading your thoughts via the interaction between fluoride in the drinking water and the lead in your filings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Thanks guys. And thanks to Bonkey for picking my name out of the hat...eh, I mean spending days contemplating each and every candidate. With a little luck you'll never even notice I'm a mod.

Hmmm, I think I should say something inspirational about the future of the forum but nothing springs to mind (I'll add something Obama-esque later).

And thanks to 6th for his work on the thread. Modding is a fairly thankless job at the best of times, but it is appreciated. Hopfully you won't be a stranger. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I've a few more days fight left in me!

Welcome humanji ... I look forward to you banning me in a bout a weeks time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Congrats Humanji, very good choice.

Now when is that bastard 6th gone ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

6th wrote: »
    I look forward to you banning me in a bout a weeks time :D

Only if I don't beat him to it.

The race is on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Congratulations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Good man Humanji, I would have reccomended you but i couldn't as thems was the rules.

If you want you can ban me for a day so your first is a weird friendly-ban! And no I'm not joking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Fair play humanji, you've been active on here for some time. Hope you have a good experience with it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭imstrongerthanu

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Good luck humanji.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

congrats Dude.....
    hopefully you will step into 6th's steps nicely....

6th you will be missed around here..

Welcome aboard humanji (and I say that as if I've been here years)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

well done hunanji !!

Advertisement