Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bounty question!

Options
  • 01-12-2009 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Can't find the answer anywhere.....Was the Bounty ever a single bar?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I remember the Bounty as a single bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Maybe pre 1990? My dad used to eat them frequently so I would have remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

It was a long time ago.... in galaxy far far away.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Do they sell the dark-chocolate version over there? Im in the UK now and I've only just noticed a dark-chocolate version of it. The problem with Bounties is that they are too soft and you can literally have the entire bar munched down in 5 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Ah I miss those Euro shops... ...over here it's 'PoundWorld'...

:mad:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I never remember it being a single (large) bar. I do remember the cardboard thing in the old wrappers.

No mention of it here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounty_(chocolate_bar)

it does say
    is one of the few chocolates to come wrapped in two individual halves....

Bounty Bars are split into two pieces because it was believed to be too sweet tasting if the bar was one continuous piece. Although, there is also an argument that it was split into two pieces as the soft interior compared to traditional chocolate bars, made it not strong enough to be produced in a standard bar format.
    which would usually have brackets saying (once available in single bar) or something.

It could be like the creme egg phenomenon where people claim they used to be much bigger, but really it was their small hands as children. You could remember back handling a seemingly big bounty.

Advertisement