Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starting out on Lighting your Scene journey

• 01-12-2009 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I'm still new to lighting but finally got a little budget to start on experimenting with lighting so looking into investing into some cheap lighting solutions.

So far I got 2 X 150W flood lights + diffusion paper to soften the light
    1 LED Video Light + small DIY softbox I made for it
    & a few gelled sheets of paper

At the moment I'm looking into getting more lights preferably with softboxes (floodlights were a good start but when shooting people they tend to blind the person unless you have a second person with you holding diffusion paper in front of the floodlight).
    I've also looked into making a DIY ring light but still yet to see some footage where it will come in handy...

Any advise on what to get next or where is greatly appreciated :)
    (I'd be more a film maker so wouldn't use a flash though)

I've looked at adverts.ie but they rarely have softboxes for sale, also camerakit.ie and Connscameras have lighting equipment but its all quite pricey there...

Comments

Advertisement