Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Crafts Fair at the Clarion Sligo this Sat and Sun

Options
  • 01-12-2009 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Big Crafts Fair at the Clarion Hotel Sligo this coming Sat and Sun

Well worth going. Always the highest quality art and crafts for sale. No tat.

Free Admission.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Thanks.

Do you know what the opening hours are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I think last year it was 9-6 each day, but that could be a figment of my fevered mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

Went both days and enjoyed it very much. Good vibe too. But one thing which was off putting was the car-boot stall being run by the Sisters of Mercy selling mainly pound shop junk. It was unfair to the real craftspersons and artiseans who showed up selling their handmade work.

I have nothing against charity sales, but it brought the tone of the event down and judging by the business it was doing was impacting on the sale of the real craftspeople. Bad mov by the organisers letting them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

What were the millionaire mercies seeking money for?

And yes, inappropriate indeed.

There is a Sunday indoor car boot sale at Ballyshannon where a Nun from an overseas Order sells beautiful hand crafted wares.
    ClovenHoof wrote: »
    Went both days and enjoyed it very much. Good vibe too. But one thing which was off putting was the car-boot stall being run by the Sisters of Mercy selling mainly pound shop junk. It was unfair to the real craftspersons and artiseans who showed up selling their handmade work.

I have nothing against charity sales, but it brought the tone of the event down and judging by the business it was doing was impacting on the sale of the real craftspeople. Bad mov by the organisers letting them in.

Was this on Sunday? I went on Saturday and did not see them. Some interesting items for sale inside.

Anyone know where the Ballyshannon boot sale is held? I would be interested in going.

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    What were the millionaire mercies seeking money for?

They had a table at the end of the hall near the alter in between a woman selling handmade pottery and an artist selling prints and stuff. Most of the stuff on their table was other people's old bric-a-brac. It was doing a roaring trade while the real crafts/arts stall on either side of it were being ignored. Just wasn't right. I wonder too if they paid the rental fee or played the suffering jaysus angle for a freebee.

There is a Sunday indoor car boot sale at Ballyshannon where a Nun from an overseas Order sells beautiful hand crafted wares.

Yes I have see her around. Lovely handcrafted olive wooden items from the Holy Land. The sisters of mercy at the Sligo fair had nothing for sale on their stall not available in either the local 2 Euro Shop or wasn't mass produced in a slave shop in China.

Yes I have see her around. Lovely handcrafted olive wooden items from the Holy Land. The sisters of mercy at the Sligo fair had nothing for sale on their stall not available in either the local 2 Euro Shop or wasn't mass produced in a slave shop in China.

REPEAT QUESTION Which day were the Sisters of Mercy there? :mad:

Essexboy wrote: »
    REPEAT QUESTION Which day were the Sisters of Mercy there? :mad:

BOTH DAYS

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It is at the old Likely warehouse on the old Ballyshannon/Bundoran road. 10 am on Sundays.

When it started they said NO TRADERS, but now that has been relaxed and it is spoiling it.

Many of the stalls are indoors.

This coming weekend will be the last before Christmas.

quote=Essexboy;63465399]Was this on Sunday? I went on Saturday and did not see them. Some interesting items for sale inside.

Anyone know where the Ballyshannon boot sale is held? I would be interested in going.[/quote]

• Advertisement

It is at the old Likely warehouse on the old Ballyshannon/Bundoran road. 10 am on Sundays.

When it started they said NO TRADERS, but now that has been relaxed and it is spoiling it.

Many of the stalls are indoors.

This coming weekend will be the last before Christmas.

quote=Essexboy;63465399]Was this on Sunday? I went on Saturday and did not see them. Some interesting items for sale inside.

Anyone know where the Ballyshannon boot sale is held? I would be interested in going.
    [/QUOTE]

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

... but it brought the tone of the event down and judging by the business it was doing was impacting on the sale of the real craftspeople. Bad mov by the organisers letting them in.

Snobtastic.

Advertisement