Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research

Options
  • 02-12-2009 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

Need someone with more technical expertise than me.

Can we set up a graph/poll of numbers of licences in an area and the number of refusals/hassle getting licences for same areas ?

I have a hunch ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Would it involve giving Deasy more ammo?

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Bananaman wrote: »
    Would it involve giving Deasy more ammo?

B'Man

Does he need any more ffs :rolleyes:

I reckon the areas with the highest number of licenced firearms are the ones that are refusing and/or making things the hardest, as in my area, South Tipp, very high numbers of licenced firearms and Super is seriously cracking down on everything :eek:

Need a broader picture though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I'm not sure you'll get a clear picture here bunny. If you look at the other polls you'll see that hunting predominates and since a lot of lads hunting just have a 22 or a shottie, you mightn't get many refusals in the numbers required to give any kind of a conclusion.

Good point. A lot of hunting lads have a few firearms these days though.

Apparently a lad in one of my gun (hunting) clubs with a 12g and a 22lr was told he only needed one or the other :eek:

Good point. A lot of hunting lads have a few firearms these days though.
    But the numbers are still too small. If you look at the stickied polls, the number of respondents are 118, 88 and 80 respectively which when you start dividing into counties becomes far too small to have any statistical significance.
    Apparently a lad in one of my gun (hunting) clubs with a 12g and a 22lr was told he only needed one or the other :eek:
    I'd like to see that Super shoot clays with a 22 :D

• Advertisement

All information with respect to Handgun Licensing refusals should have been forwarded to the NASRPC as they are the primary NGB for Pistol and Revolver target shooting.

Depending on what information you want and what you intend to do with it, they may be willing to help you.

Drop them a line.

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Mr Mole

Please be aware folks that asking the NASRPC for this information may put them in breach of data protection legislation.

I'm not saying that it will, but that it may and the people who provided details to them may not have either expected or wanted that information ro be disseminated in another form or to other people or bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I think the DPA stuff can be gotten around if the data is suitably anonymised - for example, if you leave out any names or addresses and total by county instead of garda district.

Can do no harm to ask.

It is advisable for anyone who has been refused ANY type or rifle or pistol to inform the NASRPC of it so the information can be collated.

B'Man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sonofthegun

bunny shooter if your hunch is south tipp ur spot on based in cahir and the reports coming back on the super here are unreal shotgun lincences r not bad but trying to licence any rifel is i nightmare and even harder if you live in the town:confused:

http://www.nargc.ie/site.aspx

Have a read of this link "IMPORTANT NOTICE TO GUN CLUB MEMBERS IN THE BALBRIGGAN GARDA DISTRICT"

My hunch looks more plausable now :eek:

bunny shooter if your hunch is south tipp ur spot on based in cahir and the reports coming back on the super here are unreal shotgun lincences r not bad but trying to licence any rifel is i nightmare and even harder if you live in the town:confused:

I'm in Cahir District too :o Not a good place for firearms owners :eek: I have had more than my share of dealings with him already :rolleyes:

I'm in Cahir District too :o Not a good place for firearms owners :eek: I have had more than my share of dealings with him already :rolleyes:

well bunny shooter the super is a law onto himself i had two shotguns in a 4 gun safe and i sold one to make room for a .243 next year cause i was told there would be no way id be allowed 3 guns living in the town couldnt get it into his head that the 2 shotguns were for 2 totaly different uses so i sold on my trap gun (breaks my melt) gaurenteed he will want the house alarmed next

I know it's no consolation to you but you are not the only one having trouble with him.

He has recently refused me and others a moderator for a .22lr and I've been advised by my NGB that I've no alternative but to go to the District Court now and after the sham in Cork with Pat Herlihy I am not going to bother.

i dont know anymore seems to be different rules depending where u live if i get refused on the .243 ill take it as far as i need to you could obey all the rules and chase them for months then they srew u over and refuse you a licence anyway.:confused:

i dont know anymore seems to be different rules depending where u live if i get refused on the .243 ill take it as far as i need to you could obey all the rules and chase them for months then they srew u over and refuse you a licence anyway.:confused:

I agree and know exactly what your saying.

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement