Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in Aberdeen??

• 02-12-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Ok i was thinkin about headin to Aberdeen for Law maybe but I don't know a thing about it. Our guidance teacher is slighlty retarded:D.
    I - Is it definately free with ucas??
    II- Is it hard to to be accepted (480ish points more hopefully:rolleyes:)
    III -How does this point system work (can someone convert plaease;))

IRISH LEAVING CERTIFICATE/ARDTEISTIMEIREACHT (ILC)
    5H at BBBBB obtained at a single sitting of Hs; English is highly desirable(found this but I still don't know what it means)

Which is Best?? 6 votes

Aberdeen
    0% 0 votes
    Glasgow
    66% 4 votes
    Edinburgh
    16% 1 vote
    Ireland
    16% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

I can't provide too many answers, but my sister studied in Aberdeen, and as far as I can remember it was free (think Scotland was free, but you have to pay in Wales and England).
    Ok i was thinkin about headin to Aberdeen for Law maybe but I don't know a thing about it. Our guidance teacher is slighlty retarded:D.

5H at BBBBB obtained at a single sitting of Hs; English is highly desirable(found this but I still don't know what it means)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Declan Moffit

Thanks for that , was looking for a small bit more posts tho ... anyone out there actually gone/going/planning to study in Scotland?? Cheers

AU is a pretty prestigous college. Would be a good place to study. I am currently studying in Aberdeen in RGU. Fees are free in Scotland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BrendanMG

Fees are free in Scotland.

Is this just for undergraduate courses or is it also true for postgrad. courses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Yes. It's free for EU students (except for non-Scottish UK students) Even if you already have a degree from Ireland.
    BrendanMG wrote: »
    Is this just for undergraduate courses or is it also true for postgrad. courses?

Free fees applies only to undergrads.

Open for correction but it appears to mean that you need 5 honours subjects with a B grade.
    I take it you've got 480 points; I'd say you should be fine then, as that has a high liklihood of five Bs at honours level.
    Keep in mind you'll be studying British law and not Irish law (both common law systems but there are differences)

I've worked with a few guys who were studying in Aberdeen. They loved it.Apparently a great university. It's a good enough university too; it's law course comes 19th out of 89 in the Guardian 2010 Universiyu Guide. The university itself usually comes in the 20s or 30s overall in UK University Leage tables.

• Advertisement
Advertisement