Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiere Pro CS3.. freezing when importing

Options
  • 02-12-2009 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

basically every time i import a film it freezes, with the usual error message that an error has occurred and the program will now shut down..

anyone have experience of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

See if you can figure out anything that might have coincided with the problem.
    Is it only happening when you try to import footage of a certain format?
    If it is; try updating or reinstalling that particular codec.
    Is the system generally stable?
    Other culprits in general can be things like windows media player and quicktime... some corrupt file or misconfiguration somewhere can usually be sorted out with a re-install of the right thing.
    Other than that, patching or re-installing premiere might be worth a shot.

I haven't come up against this problem myself, just throwing some general ideas out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Xenoshane

cant see anything the coincides really.. its everything i try to import, and i have all the updates..

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

suggest uninstalling and re-installing - with AV software disabled. Download the latest patches by going to the website and not using the crappy built in update tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭suas

We're having a similar problem with CS4 crashing for unknown reasons and if anyone on the thread would be able to help us fix it (rather urgently!), I've put up an ad in adverts looking for someone to come and sit with the computer until it's fixed.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=170054

thanks

Advertisement