Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this workable

• 02-12-2009 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

my 11yr old wants phone for christmas so oh and i have succumed,we're both pay monthly with 3,i'm due upgrade which i don't want,question is if i avail of free upgrade and purchase sim pack only from 3 (10 euro),would sim work in upgraded phone? saving us purchasing handset with seperate number? would the sim pack come with a new number that would work in the free upgrade?
    thanks in advance
    t

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

feelinfoul wrote: »
    my 11yr old wants phone for christmas so oh and i have succumed,we're both pay monthly with 3,i'm due upgrade which i don't want,question is if i avail of free upgrade and purchase sim pack only from 3 (10 euro),would sim work in upgraded phone? saving us purchasing handset with seperate number? would the sim pack come with a new number that would work in the free upgrade?
    thanks in advance

The sim will work once its in a 3 phone if you call 3 customer care order the new phone they will also send you out a new sim with 10 euro credit on it.(save you 10euro on having to buy one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

if you call 3 customer care order the new phone they will also send you out a new sim with 10 euro credit on it.(save you 10euro on having to buy one)

Or you could go into a store and they'll probably throw you in a sim there and then with up to €100 credit on it, it'll also be a lot easier if there's a fault they'll be able to exchange it for you without having to worry about posting it back to them.
    You should be able to get some good phones on your upgrade the nokia 6700 is probably free, it would be wasted on an 11yr old but if you must i'd say they'd be delighted:)

Advertisement