Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sam Bennett

• 02-12-2009 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

Sam Bennett will feature on the 'Sports News' section of the RTE 'Six One News' on Thursday evening at 6.40 approx.

They're going to show him in the gym doing a VO2 test and some other test involving a machine like an MRI scanner - sorry for the lack of detail

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Did anyone catch this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Zipp101 wrote: »
    Did anyone catch this?

Forgot, but it'll be here later, afaik they show it on the 11 news also.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 feltAR2

yeah i saw the report great exposure for irishcycling and sam

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

They were highlighting him as an up and coming rider, looking to get into a top pro team over the next couple of years, and comparing with the Irish cycling heyday of the 80's

There was plenty of blood (well OK, pin pricks on his finger as they took samples during his VO2 max test), and sweat from his efforts on the turbo. The interview with him was quite short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

There was also a segment on nationwide about mountain biking in cork or galway, somewhere outside dublin :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just watched it there now, nice little piece alright. I thought the piece last night in Nationwide on Ballyhoura was very good.

SPort on Net2 now, probably show the Sam Bennett thing again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 gimps

great report but i think young downey and lavery deserve some exposure too not just bennett. as for the reference on him beating lance 3 times come on. granted his ride on the last day of the tour of ireland was class but the second stage was a bunch gallop and he didnt beat him on the first day. dont get me wrong he is a great rider but has toooooo many people in his camp. in my opinion he is no better than any other top espoir in the country eg. ronan mcloughlin, downey , lavery etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

gimps wrote: »
    great report but i think young downey and lavery deserve some exposure too not just bennett. as for the reference on him beating lance 3 times come on. granted his ride on the last day of the tour of ireland was class but the second stage was a bunch gallop and he didnt beat him on the first day. dont get me wrong he is a great rider but has toooooo many people in his camp. in my opinion he is no better than any other top espoir in the country eg. ronan mcloughlin, downey , lavery etc

didnt bennett shows his pure class by becoming european champ?!?!

i think he is a level above Downey n Lavery - granted they are very good too

wudnt b suprised if SB gets a pro tour contract in a year or two - sure he's goin to VC la pomme and they have brought alot through their ranks

aswell as that wasnt he studying part of this year!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I must watch too much news and Nationwide. I saw the Ballyhoura and Sam Bennett pieces.

The coverage was good for cycling as there was a lot of sensible talk, quality bikes, bike courses, medical facilities, a lot of blood and a lack of bearded loonies (I have a beard btw).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

gimps wrote: »
    . as for the reference on him beating lance 3 times come on. granted his ride on the last day of the tour of ireland was class but the second stage was a bunch gallop and he didnt beat him on the first day.

Yeah,he should be shot for that.

And MO'L said he bet him twice not thrice ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

Just noticed on the Worldwidecycles blog they uploaded the RTE news clip to youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dura Ace

Sam Bennett finished in 37th place in the U-23 Paris-Roubaix at the weekend, 4 mins down on Taylor Phinney. Here he is crossing the line.

sbpr2010.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

He crashed a few times as well so was a better ride than it looks. He's part of the team for the U23 race in Quebec starting this thurs.
    Lavery, Marcus Christie, Connor McConvey and Charles Prendegast will be there too.
    Dura Ace wrote: »
    Sam Bennett finished in 37th place in the U-23 Paris-Roubaix at the weekend, 4 mins down on Taylor Phinney. Here he is crossing the line

sbpr2010.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

RobFowl wrote: »
    He crashed a few times as well so was a better ride than it looks. He's part of the team for the U23 race in Quebec starting this thurs.
    Lavery, Marcus Christie, Connor McConvey and Charles Prendegast will be there too.

And he finished 4th on the first stage, I believe he's suffering a bit, wasn't the best after Roubaix

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=17587

9th stage one not bad for someone not feeling well .....

Advertisement