Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The CAO and you

Options
  • 02-12-2009 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I was just procrastinating, avoiding doing my homework and stumbled upon my CAO form. It got me thinking about how unorganised i am, i only have one course to put down :eek:, i need to start thinking of backups.

Have any of you guys filled your CAO forms out yet or know what courses you want to do? and if so what do you want to do and where are you going?

Just checking out the competition ;).

Oh and are there any other future hopeful NUIG-goers? :D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I only put down five courses, all science with Trinity as my first choice. My form looks very empty, I really should get back and stick in a few more back up courses just in case I am unlucky enough to miss all the ones I want :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Science in Trinity is my main one aswel and then i'm thinking science in Maynooth. Thats only two :o It's still early though so we have lots of time, just think about things you like and your main course in other places as a back up. Not too sure yet and i'm not great at making decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Medicine 1-5 with Trinity first, and then Veterinary.:rolleyes: I had Science down last year in Trinity and was offered but alas...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Science in trinity seems very popular here :p I have a few ideas, just as long as i dont have to repeat ill be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 paperheart

I know that I want to do science, I just can't decide on a specific course so I'm going for Undenominated Science in NUIG, I think they offer a similar course in UCD and LIT but I'm not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Lawliet wrote: »
    I only put down five courses, all science with Trinity as my first choice. My form looks very empty, I really should get back and stick in a few more back up courses just in case I am unlucky enough to miss all the ones I want :o
    Science in Trinity is my main one aswel and then i'm thinking science in Maynooth. Thats only two :o It's still early though so we have lots of time, just think about things you like and your main course in other places as a back up. Not too sure yet and i'm not great at making decisions!

It's a great course guys, feel free to pm me if you'd like any questions answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

guys dont be stressing about how empty your CAO looks, the 10 spaces are optional, they dont have to be filled in!
    I did my LC last year and had 2 courses down, midwifery and psyc nursing both in NUIG, they were the only courses i would be happy with. Dont put down courses you wont be happy doing, youl only regret it + its harder to back out of a course youv been offered, even if its not what you really want. If you dont get the course you want, try again, but dont settle because your form looked empty!

I have all 10 level 8 slots filled... which wasn't that hard to do considering the first 5 are all Medicine :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I should get around to doing mine soon,hopefully :)

Psychology in Trinity is my number one,not really sure of the rest. Really,really hope I get it,I'd be devastated if I missed out after repeating and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I should get around to doing mine soon,hopefully :)

Psychology in Trinity is my number one,not really sure of the rest. Really,really hope I get it,I'd be devastated if I missed out after repeating and everything.

Single honour or TSM? It's supposed to be a really enjoyable course anyway.

• Advertisement

Craguls wrote: »
    Single honour or TSM? It's supposed to be a really enjoyable course anyway.

Single honour :D I might put it down in a few TSM combinations (psych and English,psych and Irish) but I'd be worried about the workload,and I shouldn't fill it up with lots of really high points courses. I really think I'd enjoy it immensely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Single honour :D I might put it down in a few TSM combinations (psych and English,psych and Irish) but I'd be worried about the workload,and I shouldn't fill it up with lots of really high points courses. I really think I'd enjoy it immensely :)

Putting down Psych/Eng and Psych/Iri is next near pointless and the points for Psychology will be above those for English in the TSM.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

UCD arts or applied arch in sligo IT
    Haven't decided which 1 to put first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

This is probably a stupid question. In fact, Im sure it is, but I feel the need to make absolutely sure.

If I go onto CAO.ie now and apply and purchase the account, I can select choices but I can change later right? Nothing happens until January or February or whenever you have to apply right? I just have a table to fill and I can look and mess around with it til Feb?

Thanks!

Conor108 wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question. In fact, Im sure it is, but I feel the need to make absolutely sure.

If I go onto CAO.ie now and apply and purchase the account, I can select choices but I can change later right? Nothing happens until January or February or whenever you have to apply right? I just have a table to fill and I can look and mess around with it til Feb?

Thanks!

Yep,and then it opens later on as well and you can keep messing with it until a month or so after the Leaving Cert, IIRC. :)

Advertisement