Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yr.no & Metcheck down at the same time.

Options
  • 02-12-2009 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

Is this a conspiracy or is there a logical reason like they use the same data & that is down ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I don't use metcheck but as far as I am aware yr.no and metcheck do not use the same data.

I have noticed sometimes that yr.no sometimes crashes only on specific pages and seems to happen frequently on the Galway City forecast page. If you locality do not show up, type in another one that is close to you, such as Claregalway or Oranmore, usually works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I reported it to yr.no & got a very detailed reply ......in Norwegian !.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Discodog wrote: »
    I reported it to yr.no & got a very detailed reply ......in Norwegian !.

If a Norwegian reported a problem it Met Eireann in Norwegian, what kind of reply would they get? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have reported problems to Met Eireann - They speak their own unique language !.

I am a fan of yr.no. They seem pretty accurate & I like their policy that all data should be freely available.

Advertisement