Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonslayers Ranking Battle 3.3 - December '09

Options
  • 02-12-2009 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

dsrb33net.jpg

Dates:
    • 08/12/09 - Tekken 6 (PS3)
    • 15/12/09 - Street Fighter IV (360)

Location: <QUB Students Union, The Space, 1st Floor> <-- Click for directions

QUBSU.jpg

Times:
    • Casuals run from 1800
    • Tournaments begin from 1830

Entry Fee:
    • £1, all proceedings will be donated to Child's Play at the end of the year.

Tournament Format: Group qualifiers into an 8 man double elimination best of 3.

- Button binding is acceptable.
    - Participants are advised to bring a controller of choice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Info bump as I can not edit the original post for some reason:

Guys please take note that the SFIV date is now being brought forward to co-incide with Slayers24. The SFIV leg of 3.3 will now be held on Saturday 12/12/09. Casuals will be on all day from 1200 and the tournament itself will begin at 1930. Any questions, feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Does it being part of Slayers24 mean an additional cost?

eSports.ie finally gets back online, I spend all evening posting things from the last week.....and you change plans on me literally 10mins after I post about the Dragonslayers ;):D

🤪

Slayers24 is on the 12/12/09 from 1200 and lasts to 1200 the next day. It is open to all members of the public, not just Dragonslayer members and is £8 in for the event.

You must have caught me mid edit. I have added a link to my post. The poster is updated as well, but its taking its time changing it seems.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I can edit the original post if you like. Send us a pm if so.
    Hoping to fight in this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Gonna try to get to this as well, finances permitting, but can't really argue with a £8 entry fee, especially with the current exchange rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm fairly certain I'll be there too. Good fun last time and should be more so this time as we all know each other a bit better at this stage.

Is this PS3 or Xbox? Any point in bringing one of the doomsticks up is why I ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It says Street Fighter 4 (360) in the OP Doom. Tekken is on PS3.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It says Street Fighter 4 (360) in the OP Doom. Tekken is on PS3.

Pants. Ah well.

Loaner of a stick lads? :D

Pants. Ah well.

Loaner of a stick lads? :D
    I bring my SE up if that's any use to you.

• Advertisement

Jim wrote: »
    I bring my SE up if that's any use to you.

The Doom prides himself on his stickular flexability.

It looks like good old bus eireann are the way to go for this.

€22 return (probably cheaper for students) and they travel on the hour, every hour.

Two and a half hour journey.

Can any of the Belfast lads shed some light on how far the Bus Station is from Queens University?

Can any of the Belfast lads shed some light on how far the Bus Station is from Queens University?

Directions from both bus stations are in the directions link in the OP chap.

mr_kyle wrote: »
    Directions from both bus stations are in the directions link in the OP chap.
    Can you shed some light on how far the OP is from this reply?

/getscoat

I'm not invited anymore am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

About a 10-15 minute walk from the station.

The bus from Dublin will leave you guys off at the Europa station. Once you guys are out of the Europa its a straight walk up Great Victoria Street, through Shaftsbury Square (where there is a big television mounted on the side of a building) and up University Road. It is an uncomplicated walk, you guys will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

mr_kyle wrote: »
    (where there is a big television mounted on the side of a building)

Not anymore, actually - it was removed a few months ago.

Well, there goes my "here is an obvious landmark" point. :(

Just got back from coming 4th in T6. After last time this was a pleasant surprise (I still don't have it at home because I'm skint). Hopefully I need not tell you who won.

Quote of the RB:
    "Drier than the Sahara Desert, but I'll take it"
    -Me after defeating mr_kyle in the winners' QF with almost nothing but Alisa's 1, 1, db+3, ws+1 (which isn't even a combo). It's probably a good thing the knockout stage was reduced to a single game due to time constraints (nobody had thought to bring a second copy of T6) because I doubt he would have let me get away with that a second time. I took a round off you-know-who in a similar manner, but I did loosen up a little once I dropped into the Saxa bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Any results and points tallies from this one?

🤪

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Any results and points tallies from this one?
    Its been pushed forward (or back?) to this Saturday I think.

Tekken 6 - 3.3 - 08/12/09
    Participants: 15

Top VIII
    I. Chuu (Kazuya)
    II. V-DecK (Bob)
    III. ????? Mound (Lili)
    IV. Yreval (Alisa)
    V. Nash (Asuka)
    V. Tsukiko (Xiayou)
    VII. Inferis (Alisa)
    VIII. mr_kyle (Bryan)

dsrbt6-33.jpg

Vyze = ????? Mound

Childs Play total to date: £76

The top two already look set in stone, but the race for 3rd is still wide open.
    Vyze = ????? Mound

I thought Vyze had this thing going where he had a different alter-ego depending on what game he was playing - that he went by that name when playing Blazblue and "Pinku Bento Box" when playing Tekken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

It looks like good old bus eireann are the way to go for this.

€22 return (probably cheaper for students) and they travel on the hour, every hour.

Two and a half hour journey.

I think irish rail are doing a special offer till christmas to promote the opening of the malahide bridge. Info here

Personally I'd prefer the train. Creature of comfort lads. :D

Mr_kyle, would the doomcam be a welcome asset or a hinderance at the tournament?

animaX wrote: »
    I think irish rail are doing a special offer till christmas to promote the opening of the malahide bridge. Info here
    Gah, only covers day returns.

Actually, went through it there leaving at 1pm on Sat and returning at 1pm on Sunday and its only €20. Might be the way to go, Train > Bus.

I really don't think I can stay overnight though... got alot on on Sun. Band stuff.

When does the tournament proper end?

I really don't think I can stay overnight though... got alot on on Sun. Band stuff.

When does the tournament proper end?

This is why the bus is a better option. It's an hourly service. You could stay overnight and then leave in the morning and be back home by midday.

First train back on Sunday leaves at 10am and gets in at 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Why is there overnight talk?! Last time we got a train home at a reasonable time didn't we? Is this a different tournament?

Advertisement