Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonslayers Ranking Battle 3.3 - December '09

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Nice one Doom, sorry I haven't been replying, just got home.

See ye tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

If you guys need help with directions or some such when you arrive, you can give me a buzz at modsnip.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If you guys need help with directions or some such when you arrive, you can give me a buzz at modsnip.

Legend. Thanks dude.
    Oh I deleted out the phone number- trust me for your own good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

That's a negatory from Terry.

Yeah, sorry I can't make it lads. Have to do a few things around town today in preparation for christmas. Have fun and best of luck!

animaX wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry I can't make it lads. Have to do a few things around town today in preparation for christmas. Have fun and best of luck!
    Me ponders photoshop...

• Advertisement

Jim wrote: »
    Me ponders photoshop...

Tiger_Christmas_Stockings_and_Hats.jpg

Dragonslayers Ranking Battle 3.3 - SFIV - Results - Saturday 13th December 2009

I'll post up the groups/brackets at a later date, we did a top 16 double elim as opposed to 8 so it's a lot more effort to draw up the brackets.

Also, Simon Lau has made his official nickname from "Chuu" to "The Truth". :-D

1st - Newtype (Ryu)
    2nd - Cobelcog (Cammy)
    3rd - The Truth (Blanka/Zangief)
    4th - Doctor DooM (Guile)
    5th - Malachy (Sagat)
    6th - Roogle (Balrog)
    7th - Yreval (Sakura)
    8th - Groundmole Mike (Akuma)

2. Blag - 25 points
    3. Newtype - 24 points
    4. Cobelcog - 23 points
    5. Roogle - 22 points
    6. Yreval - 16 points
    7. V-DecK - 14 points
    8. Stu - 9 points
    =9. Doctor DooM - 7 points
    =9. Malachy - 7 points
    11. mr_kyle - 5 points
    =12. Paul Kelly - 4 points
    =12. Dave Gillespie - 4 points
    =12. Cloudpaul - 4 points
    15. Groundmole Mike - 3 points
    =16. Adam Hamilton - 2 points
    =16. LiquidSwords - 2 points
    =16. ChopperByrne - 2 points
    =16. Jim - 2 points
    =16. DC - 2 points
    =16. Kanped - 2 points
    =16. Mark - 2 points
    =23. Inferis - 1 point
    =23. Andrew Carr - 1 point
    =23. Rory - 1 point
    =23. Terrier - 1 point
    =23. Allan - 1 point
    =23. CJ - 1 point

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Holy sh!t Doomy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

SF4 RB 3.3 finished about 45 minutes ago.

It was, to put it simply, six hours of hype. We smashed the record for largest DSRB field (24 players). Top three were Newtype/Cobelcog/Simon "The Truth" Lau, in that order and I came 7th.
    • My winners' bracket 1st round match against Chopper was a bit of a disaster - I missed EX HK -> ultra at least twice (might have been three times, I'll have to check the video once Doom uploads it). The last time I missed, it was 1-0 to Chopper but I was about to equalise - but not only did I miss, I foolhardily jumped backwards afterwards and ate an ultra.
    • Do I have a hoodoo over Blag or what?
    • Two reasons the RB took so long - (1) the double elimination bracket was 16 players instead of the usual eight and (2) only one setup was used for the bracket so all the matches could be recorded.
    • Quote of the RB (which is now threatening to become a regular feature):
    "We don't do counter-picks in this house!"
    - Roogle after Cobelcog successfully fended off Simon Lau's Zangief counter-pick against his Cammy in the losers' final

Overall, tonight was probably the high point of DSRB history to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Lol at simon lau picking zangief, it was good idea in fairness. Looking forward to the vids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Well done Doom! Great stuff, looking forward to vids

Dumping footage on to my hosting now Doom -- it'll take a few days though, I don't have the fastest upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Really enjoyed this event, except for stupidly eating two wake up demons, though it was about half one in the morning at that stage!

As always the lads were excellent hosts and thankfully there's a bit more banter between us all now as we know each other better.

Unfortunately we missed out on recording a lot of the losers bracket because we recorded the stupidly long playoff group.

Please try to host another one on a Saturday again lads.

Right!

A really fun night altogether.

Came 4th but every single fight was extremely hard fought. A big plus for me is I'd never fought any of the alds I got in the tournament before- I think that worked in my favour as I seem to be the only Guile on the bloody island :D

Especially GG's to Roogle, with whom I had 18 epic rounds during the tournament, Liquid Swords, Yreval, and Blag who I finally got to have a few fights with.

It was really cool to get to know the lads a bit better. It can only make all of the ranbats more fun :)

Set up was really good, and it was great for me to hear from everyone who liked the vids and were so enthusiastic for me to capture as much as I could. Unfortunately I missed alot of my own fights due to space considerations. Also big thanks to everyone who helped record when I was eating/ in the jacks/ wandering round/ fighting.

Will definitely make it up whenever I can, obviously for me it's Saturday FTW.

EDIT: Most importantly... of course... how could I forget... Azza, I believe this ranbat is included in the seedings... and oh look... that's higher than my current ranking... chop chop, dictator. :P

Really enjoyable day (night?).

Got out of the group stages myself and then came up against Liquidswords's Fei Long who destroyed me (I had predicted as much after I played him in casuals the week before in Dub). Down to the losers and I fought "CJ", a Goaken player. I thought the match was pretty close the whole way and toward the end after he Ultra'd into nowhere (to which he said "Weeeeeee" and I think almost put the controller down) I of course countered with my Ultra on his way down....EX c.spike :( So that was the end of the game for me!

Thanks to the guys for having us, really enjoyed it. Doom V Roogle matches were amazing.

6:30am bus home ftw! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Jim wrote: »
    I thought the match was pretty close the whole way and toward the end after he Ultra'd into nowhere (to which he said "Weeeeeee" and I think almost put the controller down)

Thats hilarious. Weeeeeeeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Fantastic day/night/morning! I got to play some really nice matches and I got to watch some as well, looking forward to the videos when they get uploaded.

Congratulations to Mike who was able to destroy me yet again!

My pics from the evening. Dragonslayer lads feel free to nick them if you want :) And if anyone wants me to take a pic down PM me and I will do so asap.

Click for bigger etc.

Who's Next?

3D171B11B56142F98F0E98008B8D41F0-800.jpg

Ever Vigilant

DD37FEDB4085444893AB98ADBCEDAD2F-800.jpg

Group Stages

1C20A2F07E1541CB89A095ADF2C725E4-800.jpg

Mike's Only Defeat Of The Night - Malachy V Newtype

40957870939C4AD98FE8D89E3B268FB1-800.jpg

Roogle Laying Down The Law

DD94E6E163AC4E1B9F9F7225E0531661-800.jpg

Chopper Progressing Through The Group Stages (Don't Worry, She Beat Him Later)

5743F6CC902F4D79926D02FF5DAFA558-800.jpg

The Doom Cam

7FBDB6353D1E4293A32D422BEBE1FB60-800.jpg

Discussing Tactics

D2BAF347B97742E98CF72531039B6065-800.jpg

The Truth V Liquidsword

0F535ABD22DC4AA586CDF5DC519DBF40-800.jpg

Blag Dictating

4060A6950E4C4E0F8F13F16BEA6E0D29-800.jpg

The Fight Call Interrupts Roogle's Dinner

7B749D7F24A448BAB13D304D2862099D-800.jpg

fake_roogle

C3C75E1DD96746CEA45128BD2F200D84-800.jpg

Pain

751959F5C576421CA46A72868D83756A-800.jpg

Good Games

692EF6481DAA41E5A05BEFA94713907E-800.jpg

Doom Doing The Doom Dance (More Info To Follow...)

04D427CB94F04583959BF81B5E417202-800.jpg

What Did You Want Me To Do?

675B0910DE0F45CF816CDB33871159D9-800.jpg

Relief And Disappointment

BB70BD2408A444C59AECB9EEE98E8029-800.jpg

Loser's Final - Coblecog V The Truth

CE599C4B5C83419FB916EBDC53882B32-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

HA HA WHO'S THE GUY WITH ALL THE STUPID FACIAL EXPRESSIONS THIS TI-

Oh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

From the look on Roogles face that looks like one sour Burger he is scoffing. :p

Also whats with the arty farty black and white photos? Those of the all the gay male models?:rolleyes:

Azza wrote: »
    From the look on Roogles face that looks like one sour Burger he is scoffing. :p

Also whats with the arty farty black and white photos? Those of the all the gay male models?:rolleyes:

I was walking by him at one point and he was complaining about solidified cheese atop his chips.

Does anyone know a program that I can use to crop the edges off a mp4 film thats free? I'm on a bloody netbook which is presenting some- er- unique challenges to uploading the fights.

I never complained about them, think everyone else did though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

All I know is I'm never getting take away from that Chinese we went to ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

You have yet to bear witness to Cloudpaul.

Black and white on some photos is there on ones I generally think it will suit it better than the colour original.

They're not just pictures, they're photographs ;)

Oh, almost forgot. Don't let Doom book tickets for you.

12630_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

LMAO thats brilliant Jim :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

feck sake jim those pics are really top notch. Your pics get better at every event, I've very impressed I must say.

Damn looks like a really sweet set up the lads have up there, must go next time if I can.

Liquidsword is the name of the fei long player right? I got to play some really sweet casual games against him at the last inferno tourney, sound bloke.

• Advertisement

He got lucky. Should have seen HMUYAs. :)

Advertisement