Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Graphics Card needed!

Options
  • 02-12-2009 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,

I've had a problem with my HD 4870 and it needs to be RMA'd. This is great, but in the interim I'm going to be without any graphics card, and therefore without a computer! I really need my computer for college work etc.

So I've got a request - is there any kind soul in the Cork area (I live < 10mins from Cork city) who would have a spare PCI-E graphics card lieing around, that I could borrow for two to three weeks while I wait for my own?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭noodletop

if you just need it for college stuff does your board not have on board video you could use, that should cover you for general web browsing etc until you get your card back

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It is likely an ATX board so it would be rare enough to find an onboard GPU on these, these are usually only on mATX boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Youd be best off asking in Adverts.ie, and/or in the Cork school forums in the Education Category.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

you could also pickup an 8800GT for 45-50euro and use it for physx when you get the new card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Might be a bit late but this is cheap with next day delivery

http://www.onestoppcshop.ie/products.asp?recnumber=26873555

• Advertisement
Advertisement