Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to call about delayed licences?

Options
  • 02-12-2009 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I paid for my three licences at the post office on the 16th of Nov and have not yet received them. Who can I contact about this? The Garda? The GPO?
    I have a new rifle waiting patiently at the dealer’s, and as you can imagine, my fingers are down to the nub!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭meathshooter

OldEyes wrote: »
    I paid for my three licences at the post office on the 16th of Nov and have not yet received them. Who can I contact about this? The Garda? The GPO?
    I have a new rifle waiting patiently at the dealer’s, and as you can imagine, my fingers are down to the nub!

give your supers district office a ring they will be able to tell you if your up on the system

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Before you ring anyone, did you get the An Post receipt for your license fee. These generally follow a few days to a week after the issuing of the licenses. If you have received the receipts the next step is to ring the 1800 number (or whatever it is) on your receipt/grant letter any talk to someone from An Post.

I had a similar situation. Paid for my .22lr but no license after 2 weeks. I got the receipt for payment of the license but still no license. I then rang the An Post service (number on the letter) and made some enqueries. Ended up being transferred to the Garda FPU (do not ring them directly without trying the other options first). They eventually tracked my license down. The address on my letter had the first 2 lines of my address on it but the townsland was that of a town a few miles away and not the one i live in. New postman didn't know the difference and so sent it back to An Post in Kilrush.

Ring An Post, Your local station to get them to trck it down,then if all else fails the Garda FPU.

PS - Meathshooter he will be on the system once he gets his grant letter.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 OldEyes

Thanks for that Ezridax, I hadn’t spotted that number at the end of the receipt.

I gave them a call and was told that there was a “glitch” in the system on the week of the 16th Nov which was only discovered last Friday 27th Nov and that my licences should be here in a few days.
    Hopefully!

Good to hear. Glad you got sorted.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭thebull09

can you not pick up your new gun because the dealer will only look fot your certificate number on the top of your grant letter,

im only saying this because my FO told me i could collect my gun with thr grant letter and recipt for thr licence.

• Advertisement

I doubt it Bull. A grant letter is not a license and if the grant letter is not paid for within 30 days it becomes invalid (i think thats the right wording). I don't know if the license is then revoked, whether you have to apply again for it or what exactly happens, but if someone got a gun out on the basis of a grant letter then did not pay for the license and the grant expired where does that leave the person and more inportantly the dealer?

I know you could arrive at your dealers with the grant letter and a receipt for the payment in the post office, its as good as a license, but not a license. Its a small distinction but one never the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 OldEyes

Thanks for the suggestion Bull, but I've already tried that and the dealer wants to do it by the book, which is understandable.
    I've waited this long, a few more days won't kill me!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭thebull09

I better not shot till i recieve my lience so,

as you've said you waited this long and another few days wont hurt, lets just hope the glich hasnt back up the licenceing authority with thousands of applicants,

hope yours comes soon

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Try calling "Ghostbusters" or the "A-Team" cos you'll probably get on better than if your chasing after the Gardai.:rolleyes:

I would have added in "The Equalizer" only he died just recently god rest him. :(

Hezz is not a Happy chappy:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Thanks for that Ezridax, I hadn’t spotted that number at the end of the receipt.

I gave them a call and was told that there was a “glitch” in the system on the week of the 16th Nov which was only discovered last Friday 27th Nov and that my licences should be here in a few days.
    Hopefully!

Rang them today and got the same line :mad: payed for mine on the 23rd.
    Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

I rang today regarding my licences and was told there was a "glitch" the 2 days my payments went through 11th and 12th Nov.
    this Glitch is spread over a 2week period and was only found last Friday:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

Same as the op i paid for mine on the 16th Nov and it hasnt arrived yet.
    Rang last Friday and got the same kinda, "ah there was a glitch and sure twill be on in the post in the next few days" Gas crowd they are.

A Country Voice

Advertisement