Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Base

Options
  • 02-12-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find somewhere that sells blank pizza bases?

Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Presuming you're in Cork, Iago in The English market sells balls of pizza dough - you just have to stretch it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Nope not in Cork... in Dublin... but I get the idea of what kind of place to look in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Try a packet of fajita wraps as a base, v. nice. The big ones that Lidl sell make good bases. smear them with the tomato sauce and add your ingredients of choice. Get your oven as hot as it will go and bung them in for 5- 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

You can buy them in supermarkets - Napolina, I think do them?
    TBH they're very 'biscuity' and since making your own is pretty easy. I'd throw a hand at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PeadarH

I use these guys quite a lot and think they are pretty good:
    http://artisanpizza.ie/where.html

• Advertisement

Noffles wrote: »
    Nope not in Cork... in Dublin... but I get the idea of what kind of place to look in...

Gosh, I never would have guessed:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Gosh, I never would have guessed:rolleyes:

I surely don't post like I'm in Dublin... and to be completely accurate I'm in Wexford but would be looking in Dublin as I work there... you'd of never guessed that!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

PeadarH wrote: »
    I use these guys quite a lot and think they are pretty good:
    http://artisanpizza.ie/where.html

+1 for these, they are really, really lovely. I've gotten them in Fallon & Byrne in the city centre and Donnybrook Fair

Noffles wrote: »
    I surely don't post like I'm in Dublin... and to be completely accurate I'm in Wexford but would be looking in Dublin as I work there... you'd of never guessed that!!;)

True. Didn't see that one coming.

9 times out of ten if people don't state where they are from, then they're from Dublin/surrounds. So, yes you did post like you are in Dublin.
    It's a personal hate of mine - don't mind me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

If I'm stuck I just go into Superquinn and get some of the pizza bases that they use to do up pizzas over in the deli section...

+1 for the Artisan Pizza though, have gotten them at the Sheridans stall I think at the Temple Bar Market on Saturdays...

Oh, and LIDL have a DIY pizza pack - plain pizza base with a jar of tomato sauce - in the same fridge as the milk I think, not bad at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement