Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor People wearing expecsive clothes

Options
  • 02-12-2009 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Poor People wearing expensive clothes. Why do they do it? You can still spot a sham even if he wears a tommy jumper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

People writing on forums who can't spell. Why do they do it. We still know you are uneducated.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Les Paul - isn't that French for "The St. Vincent de Paul gave me these clothes"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Poor People wearing expensive clothes. Why do they do it? You can still spot a sham even if he wears a tommy jumper.
    lulz at the fast edit:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Rylan wrote: »
    People writing on forums who can't spell. Why do they do it. We still know you are uneducated.
    Good spot but you forgot the question mark when you asked the question. Grammar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Dam them poor people, why arnt they wearing clothes made out of Potato sacks?

• Advertisement

Rylan wrote: »
    Nice edit:D

Good spot but you forgot the question mark when you asked the question. Grammar?

Touché

*tips hat*

Nice edit:D

Decided to leave the mistake in. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I get all my designer gear in Fred's Fashions

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Aren't the clothes fake a lot of the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

schween wrote: »

Yep they are all fake.

Whats a fake jumper look like....imaginary or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

schween wrote: »

Yep. Meath Street is great for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Because of the stigma of being poor? Get the fack off their backs man. I think some research was done on single parent's at the end of the 90s about what they would buy in supermarkets, it showed that some (and I use the word some, not everyone) would buy the more expensive beans or bread or whatever because they didn't want to come up to the counter with all the cheap stuff and like, well, er...cheap.

People in the middle class have no problem bargain hunting and people in the upper class don't give a toss what it costs, but the less well off in alot of cases don't seem to have acquired the skills of poverty like making something last, getting value for money etc, atleast some of them in this country.

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Because of the stigma of being poor? Get the fack off their backs man. I think some research was done on single parent's at the end of the 90s about what they would buy in supermarkets, it showed that some (and I use the word some, not everyone) would buy the more expensive beans or bread or whatever because they didn't want to come up to the counter with all the cheap stuff and like, well, er...cheap.

People in the middle class have no problem bargain hunting and people in the upper class don't give a toss what it costs, but the less well off in alot of cases don't seem to have acquired the skills of poverty like making something last, getting value for money etc, atleast some of them in this country.
    That's why they're poor?

Yep they are all fake.

Whats a fake jumper look like....imaginary or something??
    Brilliant:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

+1 to CCCP's post.

I guess it is a psychological thing. I remember hearing on the radio last year about over the top christmas decorations in lower socio-economic areas. Those less well off go mad with the lights outside to give them the illusion that they are not in financial difficulty.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

CCCP^ wrote: »

Great post.

Take Lidl for example. A number of years ago others may have looked down their noses at people who shopped there. Those same people are now shopping there pulling up in their Range Rovers.

Great post.

Take Lidl for example. A number of years ago others may have looked down their noses at people who shopped there. Those same people are now shopping there pulling up in their Range Rovers.
    Yeah but Lidl is posh compared to Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What a shit thread

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

What a shit thread
    What a shit contribution to a thread :P

• Advertisement

What a shit thread
    Let me guess you're wearing a tommy jumper & your laser card won't work

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Let me guess you're wearing a tommy jumper

No, but I bet it's better than wearing your own ass as a hat

No, but I bet it's better than wearing your own ass as a hat
    ? Good one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I have so,e stuff that expensive but (call me daft - the wife does!) I don't wear the stuff that often.
    I don't wish to be a flash git or be rubbing money in peoples faces. It wouldn't be right.
    The only thing I wear regular that might be considered expensive is a gold Reymond Weil diamond studded watch, worth a few quid but I can cover that up easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Are we talking about that shop called Tommy's in the Blanch centre?

I love that place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Let me guess you're wearing a tommy jumper & your laser card won't work

You know compared to some people you would be poor so to save you the embarrassment of their ridicule I am locking this thread.

Laser cards... Pfft...jumpers....pfft...don't you have servants?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement