Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfairly dismissed

Options
  • 02-12-2009 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I was unfairly dismissed from my job and i have a case. I seeing the rights commissioner does anyone no much about this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

I think here would be a better place to ask op...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Hi Waterdale,

I am taking a case against my employer myself, but not for unfair dismissal. I know alot about employment law, and I also have "Employment Law", from The Law Society of Ireland, which is what solicitors use to study employment law. If you have any questions about what happened with you, you are welcome to send me a private email, and I'll help you out as best I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

I was unfairly dismissed from my job and i have a case. I seeing the rights commissioner does anyone no much about this

the rights commissioner is basically the first step to avoid full court process. He will be a middle man between both parties and their position is only as an interperter of the law.

he will first get your side then theirs and he will either make a decision there and then and make it known or he will invite both parties to sit down and discuss.

Their guidance is the law and its interptation from their experience.

if either party at the end of the discussion is still not happy it moves on to full court.

Advertisement