Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City to Fermoy without paying the toll

Options
  • 02-12-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

What's the easiest way to get from the city to Fermoy without paying the toll? Is it even possible these days? Or would I be wasting an hour of my life to save what 2 quid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Just use the old road.
    Watergrasshill - Rathcormac - Fermoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

So is it much of a diff in terms of distance? Also, coming up from the tunnel along the N8, just follow signs for Watergrasshill, yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

No real difference in miles, difference in time but its not worth the €1.90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just take the slip road before Watergrasshill, then follow the signs over the N8 and back over the N8 200 meters further long (!), turn right at the junction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Dosent it take like 20 mins off the drive,I've noticed a big time increase from the old way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

i doubt you'd save 20 mins would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭thebillynator

you could go by midleton

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

you could go by midleton

You could go by Midleton but they makes the journey nearly twice as long. It would also include alot of cross country driving on roads that are not gritted. I nearly lost it a few times going and coming from Midleton in the last few days. Best advice stick to the main roads (well the old road between Watergrasshill and Fermoy will be fine)

Advertisement