Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaning high wall on North Mall/Sunday's Well

Options
  • 02-12-2009 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed this at all - the wall is about half way between the UCC Music Department and where Sunday's Well meets North Mall. It's about 12 feet high or more, built of heavy stone, and is leaning dangerously towards the road. I think it must collapse soon; and if it does, it will surely kill anyone unlucky enough to be passing by at the time. I'll take a picture whenever I get a chance and post it here. Who is responsible for such things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Furet wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed this at all - the wall is about half way between the UCC Music Department and where Sunday's Well meets North Mall. It's about 12 feet high or more, built of heavy stone, and is leaning dangerously towards the road. I think it must collapse soon; and if it does, it will surely kill anyone unlucky enough to be passing by at the time. I'll take a picture whenever I get a chance and post it here. Who is responsible for such things?

I'd say get in touch with the building control department:
    Dangerous structures and places:
    Complaints regarding dangerous structures and places, can be made by the public and are pursued by the relevant Building Inspector and a course of action is recommended. (Legal proceedings maybe instituted where necessary).

Tel: 021 4924000 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday).

The Department provides a 24 Hour service in relation to dangerous buildings. This service can be accessed through the City Fire Brigade telephone system (021) 4(966333) outside of normal hours.

I recall that a woman was killed by falling masonry off an unsound building on Washington street a number of years ago. There might be a danger of the same happening here so I'd get in touch the above department ASAP.

Just don't expect immediate action. This is the City Council after all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Rebeller wrote: »
    Just don't expect immediate action. This is the City Council after all!

No, nor can you expect anyone to ever pick up the bloody phone there, either!

Advertisement