Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature rules enforced.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

For many people the eye will be following down the left hand side, where the sentence is expected to start. A centred sig forces your attention elsewhere.
    I prefer it that way a bit. It makes a Break between posts. Some signatures are downright too flowy, in that you catch yourself reading a sig as part of a post again and again. kinda annoying.

Not always an Ad DeV - I like to put up quotes :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Thanks for not banning the [size] tag outright.
    I often use to make my sigs less obtrusive. :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We thought about that too! I use size=1 for the same reason (and because I think people actually read them more often because people are basically nosey :) )

We did our damnedest to mirror the existing sig rules and where we couldnt (like images) we left things as they were.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

*turns "Show Signatures" on again*
    Thanks Dev

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Youve forced my alignment!~!

angry_baby1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Jonathan wrote: »
    Thanks for not banning the [size] tag outright.
    I often use to make my sigs less obtrusive. :)

Yup, me too. Makes the text sigs far tidier. Although I currently spoil it with a picture below, but that's by the by. :)

Advertisement