Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do men do it?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Teutorix wrote: »
    I was just explaining why men do it. I wasn't trying to offend anyone :(

I think it's natural to check out a person you think is attractive. But looking and STARING are two different things.

I like butts. I will quietly check out a guy with a nice butt and some swagger walking down the street. But the fact that I am a butt-liking female doesn't make me feel entitled to 1) stare, 2) whistle, or 3) yell out something like "ooh, I'd tap that" -- all for the sake of some biological imperative. And I certainly would not stare at a co-worker's butt every day, per the situation described by the OP. Yet a surprising number of men think it is appropriate or acceptable to do all of the above - simply because they are male and (theoretically) fascinated by boobs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

I think it's natural to check out a person you think is attractive. But looking and STARING are two different things.

I like butts. I will quietly check out a guy with a nice butt and some swagger walking down the street. But the fact that I am a butt-liking female doesn't make me feel entitled to 1) stare, 2) whistle, or 3) yell out something like "ooh, I'd tap that" -- all for the sake of some biological imperative. And I certainly would not stare at a co-worker's butt every day, per the situation described by the OP. Yet a surprising number of men think it is appropriate or acceptable to do all of the above - simply because they are male and (theoretically) fascinated by boobs.

Mmmmm yeah ...we do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

I am a guy and i would never whistle or comment on a woman's "assets", in fact I get annoyed when my friends do it. And there are women that are like that also, so dont get all sexist up in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I like butts. I will quietly check out a guy with a nice butt and some swagger walking down the street.

This is the way forward. Continue to ogle, but don't get caught and wait for more opportune, subtle moments. This means you can ogle and command the moral high-ground.

Note: most guys don't give a shit if women look at their arses.

Teutorix wrote: »
    I am a guy and i would never whistle or comment on a woman's "assets", in fact I get annoyed when my friends do it. And there are women that are like that also, so dont get all sexist up in this thread.

Sexist? Let's be real. Ask yourself how many teenage boys had adult women staring at their crotches and making lewd comments about them as they walked down the street? Now ask yourself (or better yet, some female friends - or your sister) how many teenage girls do you think this happened to? Personally, I do not know ANY girls who were not hooted at on the street as teenagers.

Do women hoot at men in public? Sure. But it is not anywhere near the rate that men hoot at women. The only exception may be when you get a pack of (often middle-aged) women on a drunken beach holiday.

And as for comments, you certainly don't hear women saying stupid things like "girl, I had to stare at that ass, my ovaries were twitching". Yet this thread is full of comments about men's primal urges, etc. Ridiculous stuff.

If you are a civilized human being, you can enjoy the view without making other people uncomfortable or being obnoxious. And you certainly know better than to stare at co-workers.

Or, based on the thread, maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Dudess wrote: »
    I couldn't give a flying fook if I caught any guy over the age of 12 - actually, scratch that 12... 9 - having a quick peep at my rack. It's normal.

Just about made it... phew

Wow... already 6 pages on boobs in just a few hours. Well done everyone, well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭shift

Orlaithc9 wrote: »
    It goes to the point where I know hes doing it and I look up and catch him and he knows I catch him

you make it personal by catching him looking:eek:

now he doesn't just look to indulge - he looks to see how long he can look without getting caught!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,508 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

How about writing on them "Caught by the bo**cks <insert name here>".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Just back in from another crap movie :)
    Dudess wrote: »
    I couldn't give a flying fook if I caught any guy over the age of 12 - actually, scratch that 12... 9 - having a quick peep at my rack. It's normal.

I think the women that have posted apart from your good self know fine well it is normal and that is why they are going from looking at boobs to honking it in the street and lewd comments.

Let's stick to the topic.

The OP is comlaining about being looked at and I have to be honest here and respectful at the same time which will be hard but ..

From the tone of the OP I dodn't think she minds at all. In fact I think she is flattered and enjoying the attention.

Men look at boobs the same way women look at tall men with broad shoulders. It's instinct.

If men keep looking it is then appreciation of said boobs. Life is short, take some pleasure in it - as I said before, one day you'll wish for those looks and wonder why they no longer happen.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Men look at boobs the same way women look at tall men with broad shoulders. It's instinct.

If men keep looking it is then appreciation of said boobs. Life is short, take some pleasure in it - as I said before, one day you'll wish for those looks and wonder why they no longer happen.

Is it appreciation if it isn't appreciated?

Why do so many men think being ogled is a compliment? It's one thing if you are on your way to a party dressed to the nines, and you receive an "appreciative glance". It's another thing if you are at work, and your office mate "appreciates" you every time you walk to the copy machine. And being stared at to the point where you are not comfortable in your workplace or exercising in public - as previous posters have attested to - is ridiculous.

The justification that "men just can't control themselves - it's instinct" is the same justification used in some cultures to put women in burkas. It's silly, and is an insult to both men and women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Warfi

Let's stick to the topic.

The OP is comlaining about being looked at and I have to be honest here and respectful at the same time which will be hard but ..

From the tone of the OP I dodn't think she minds at all. In fact I think she is flattered and enjoying the attention.

What's wrong with a woman saying she feels uncomfortable with unwanted attention, especially in the workplace? Why must it be assumed that she enjoys the unwanted attention, even after she has said she doesn't like the attention and it makes her feel uncomfortable?

What would you say to a woman if she said she felt uncomfortable in your company? Would you tell her that she's secretly flattered and not to worry? If I felt uncomfortable in a man's company, I told him and he replied that I should be flattered, to be honest I would be worried about my safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

I am lovin that theres a whole thread about boob ogling:DLovely stuff.

I think
    Tall men are to me what boobs are to men....... I can't stop staring and then I realise I'm actually drooling.mmmmmmm tall men.:)

Men like boobs OP no matter how hard they try poor pets.Boobs are amazing who can blame them.

Any key? wrote: »
    I can't stop staring and then I realise I'm actually drooling.mmmmmmm tall men.

Men are not there for you to objectify.

How dare you stare at us.. you creepy pervert. I actually stoop when I walk cause of women like you looking at my tallness.

I used to go jogging and pervert women would see me and I would feel freaked out so I had to stop. Sometimes I even stay seated and at times have even crawled home so that women would not oggle my manly frame.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

I reckon she should just flash her boobs to him in a public place in front of people he knows, shouting

'Here they are, okay! This is what you've been staring at for the past year. Now get over it.'

Might work...:rolleyes: ....just a thought...:rolleyes:...

Is it appreciation if it isn't appreciated?

Yes. As If I appreciate your tits by looking at them then it makes not a blind bit of difference if you reciprocate the appreciation or not. Either way your breasts are now in my cerebral possession for masturbation purposes.
    Why do so many men think being ogled is a compliment?

Because it us doing the ogling and so we are aware of the intention. Plus when we are ogled WE take it as a compliment.
    It's one thing if you are on your way to a party dressed to the nines.

Ahh, but you see this is something 'most' women don't understand and will never listen to. Most men do not prefer women 'dressed to the nines' - we like women naturally beautiful and the less make-up the better.

Men are just as likely to find you irresistible when you are in tight jeans and t-shirt than if you have your best get-up on and all madeup for a night on the tiles. Men like you ...

being stared at to the point where you are not comfortable in your workplace or exercising in public - as previous posters have attested to - is ridiculous.

It'll pass ..
    The justification .. it's instinct" is the same justification used in some cultures to put women in burkas.

Are you sure? I think they are opossed to exposed nipples, whereas - I'm for em, if anything :)

Because it us doing the ogling and so we are aware of the intention. Plus when we are ogled WE take it as a compliment.

AH-HA! Herein lies the problem.

I will now refer to that great sage of gender dynamics, Chris Rock, who noted that while men are incapable of turning down sex ("a man is only as faithful as his options"), women are used to it, since in his words "Every man you've known since you were 13 was trying to **** you!"

Women get stared at and hit on ALL THE TIME. It gets tiresome. It's even worse when it happens in inappropriate situations, like at work. And a lot of women are nervous about "rocking the boat" or seeming bitchy, so they don't speak up about it, they just complain to their friends (or in online forums). Lucky for me, I am secure in my bitchiness, so I have no problems telling people to **** off.

Finally, I will make one more pop culture reference to prove my point. The brilliant tv show Mad Men is is large part a case study of gender dynamics in early 1960s Manhattan: the men in the ad agency in which the show is set felt perfectly free to ogle their secretaries, make lewd and sexist remarks, etc. Do we really think that a man's internal reaction to a magnificent creature like Joan Holloway has changed in the last 50 years? No. But the social norms of what is appropriate office behavior have. So keep your eyes to yourself, buddy, at least until happy hour. ;)

I will now refer to that great sage of gender dynamics, Chris Rock

Oh yes, Prof Rock who says Black People can never have wealth. They can be RICH, but only WHITE people can be wealthy.

Carry on ..
    , who noted that while men are incapable of turning down sex ("a man is only as faithful as his options"), women are used to it, since in his words "Every man you've known since you were 13 was trying to **** you!"

Yes, yes .. I agree with all his observations here, so what is your point??
    Women get stared at and hit on ALL THE TIME. It gets tiresome.

:( .. I'm feel so sorry for you. It must sooo hard for you. Life is so cruel sometimes it makes me weep.
    a lot of women are nervous about "rocking the boat" or seeming bitchy, so they don't speak up about it, they just complain to their friends (or in online forums).

Yeah, SOME women compalin in online forums. I've read 'em .. a bunch of narcissistic stuck up precious little daddy's girls who need a good kick up the arse - the whole lot of them.
    Lucky for me, I am secure in my bitchiness, so I have no problems telling people to **** off.

I'm sure you don't. You have no problem telling people to 'f**k off', as you so eloquently put it, becuase in this age you get away with it.

Would you tell a guy to '**** off' if you were alone in a strange place with not many around?? No, you wouldn't.

You would tell a guy to '****-off' cause you know society will bend over backwards to protect you. A bouncer will step in or another guy who wants to impress you prehaps but not because you deserve protection - please don't kid yourself on that score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

men like bewbs

• Registered Users Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is his Name Tiger Woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

He's probably taking candid pics and videos of you and uploading them onto the web.

:eek:

You couldn't ask him for the website, could you?

Or more realisticly, you have nice bewbs and they've got him under their spell. He's a bloke, afterall. He's mentally collecting different angles of them to recreate a 3D image in his head when he makes a withdrawl from the ****-bank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

Oh yes, Prof Rock who says Black People can never have wealth. They can be RICH, but only WHITE people can be wealthy.

Carry on ..

:( .. I'm feel so sorry for you. It must sooo hard for you. Life is so cruel sometimes it makes me weep.

Yeah, SOME women compalin in online forums. I've read 'em .. a bunch of narcissistic stuck up precious little daddy's girls who need a good kick up the arse - the whole lot of them.

I'm sure you don't. You have no problem telling people to 'f**k off', as you so eloquently put it, becuase in this age you get away with it.

Would you tell a guy to '**** off' if you were alone in a strange place with not many around?? No, you wouldn't.

You would tell a guy to '****-off' cause you know society will bend over backwards to protect you. A bouncer will step in or another guy who wants to impress you prehaps but not because you deserve protection - please don't kid yourself on that score.

Your attitude toward women is funny outlaw!!! And by funny i mean weird!! Wonder why you bother with us at all! But whatever ...

Carry on ..

I "get away" with telling people to **** off because most men who make inappropriate comments to women are rarely called on their BS and are stunned when someone throws it back in their face. That and I am about 6' tall in heels.

Chivalry is dead, sweetie. If a woman has any sense, she won't put herself in a position where she needs a man to rescue her out of some sense of duty. According to the comments on this thread, they will be too mesmerized by her breasts to do anything anyway.

Finally, I am sorry to inform you that your comments doom you to having seven daughters, all of whom will be leered at every day on their way to school by creepy 40 year old men who are "just doing what comes naturally". Good luck.

thermo66 wrote: »
    Your attitude toward women is funny outlaw!!! And by funny i mean weird!! Wonder why you bother with us at all! But whatever ...

I love women. Don't make the mistake of assuming all women argree with your comments, they don't.

Your just trying to make out like I have a problem with women so that they will back you up. I have a problem with women with attitudes like YOURS.

If you can't contradict my arguments then that is fine but I would appreciate if you didn't keep posting comments that imply that I have a problem with ALL women when nothing could be further from the truth.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

I "get away" with telling people to **** off because most men who make inappropriate comments to women are rarely called on their BS and are stunned when someone throws it back in their face. That and I am about 6' tall in heels.

Chivalry is dead, sweetie. If a woman has any sense, she won't put herself in a position where she needs a man to rescue her out of some sense of duty. According to the comments on this thread, they will be too mesmerized by her breasts to do anything anyway.

Finally, I am sorry to inform you that your comments doom you to having seven daughters, all of whom will be leered at every day on their way to school by creepy 40 year old men who are "just doing what comes naturally". Good luck.

LMAO!! And this is the post of the day!! Nuff said!

Night Outlaw :D:D:D

you could cut the suxual tension between you two with a knife.....easy there tigers.....:D

I "get away" with telling people to **** off because most men who make inappropriate comments to women are rarely called on their BS and are stunned when someone throws it back in their face.

Oh, so because THEY are the problem. Wouldn't be anything to do with the fact that you have a bag of potatoes on your shoulder now would it??
    That and I am about 6' tall in heels.

Let me guess. It's 'Small Man Syndrome' right? :rolleyes:
    Chivalry is dead, sweetie.

Not in my world .. 'sweetie'. If men aren't chivalrous to you then that maybe something to do with the fact that you are "secure" in "your bitchiness".
    According to the comments on this thread, they will be too mesmerized by her breasts to do anything anyway.

So becuase Men like breasts, you think they would put up with your "bitchiness" do you?? Maybe at 2am on a Friday night they would .. but not in a relationship they wouldn't.
    Finally, I am sorry to inform you that your comments doom you to having seven daughters, all of whom will be leered at every day on their way to school by creepy 40 year old men who are "just doing what comes naturally".

This paragraph reminds me so much of another poster.

Hhhmmmmm. Same kind of personal remark too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Boobs lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I <3 Tidays! :D

I <3 Tidays! :D

I choose too see that as "one is not greater than 3 titties" .............and I concur

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Chivalry is dead, sweetie.

What a statement! Incorrect and patronising at the same time, and also ignoring the fact that women - in their search for "equality" (read "superiority as revenge for past wrongs") - don't seem to even want chivalry anymore!

I'd be "chivalrous" and helpful, so it's definitely not dead.

But likewise, I wouldn't offer to be "chivalrous" as often, because I'd likely get a patronising rant like the above from some raving feminist who viewed my offering help or holding a door open as an insult.

Bottom line is that women want it both ways......this being AH, that'll probably get a few smart replies, but the way that I mean it it's 100% true.....have your cake, eat it, and still fit into a size 8/10 dress! Want compliments and to be "noticed" (taking hours to achieve it) and yet object when they are :rolleyes:

Advertisement