Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing antennas on Eircom Netopia router

Options
  • 02-12-2009 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi, having searched around (this forum and elsewhere) for ways of increasing my wifi range I purchased a new antenna for my router, the silver eircom netopia dual antenna router (2247 I believe), which from what I'd read online has detachable antennas that I can just screw off.

The problem is that I can't just screw them off, at least not easily or in a fashion that doesn't makes me stop because it looks like I'm about to break them. So my question is are these antennas in fact replaceable, and if so - how do I go about it? (There are no instructions for this in the manual I have.)

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

On the 2247 there should be 2 detatchable antennae. If there is a splined black part with partially visable threaded brass coloured metal protuding from the router then a few turns anti-clockwise should release the aerial.

Advertisement