Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Archbishop apologises to Revenue

• 02-12-2009 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭

I was in a shop just now and the radio news was on. It was the funniest thing I've heard in ages. Everybody just stopped in their place and started laughing.

Not sure I have it quite right because I wasn't really paying attention properly. The newswoman says "Fr. Donovan said 'The Taxmen are a shower of bastards' Now going to our field reporter Tom for more on the story."

"Yes the Archibishop today apologised to the revenue commissioner for Fr. O'Donovan calling them a 'shower of bastards' and a 'shower of.. something else'.

I need this on audio. I'm guessing it was 2FM news. Can I find a podcast somewhere?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I wouldn't expect so. RTE will bury this broadcast quickly for fear of upsetting the church.
    They will do the bare reporting on it and quickly forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I'm surprised they said it at all. You could tell the newsreaders were having great fun. They put on the most serious tone they could when reading it out but delivered it with relish. Maybe it was Today FM.

edit: it was actually Fr O'Donovan who made the statement.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1202/odonovant.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Call me a shameless product of my generation, but I'd give anything to have a clip of an Archbishop saying "shower of cunts". Preferably wearing his big headgear and drunkenly waving his crosier.

stovelid wrote: »
    Call me a shameless product of my generation, but I'd give anything to have a clip of an Archbishop saying "shower of *****".

Me too. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

the man is a tax-evading member of the world's largest paedophile sex ring. how anyone can still be surprised at anything these fcuks do is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

According to that article the guy made a SETTLEMENT of €433,475, if that is the settlement amount WTF??? how much money does he have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I have to say this is the funniest thing I head today. Abosolutly priceless. afterall god is a taxcollector of sorts as well ;)

Death and taxes!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Think he owns/inherited property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

According to that article the guy made a SETTLEMENT of €433,475, if that is the settlement amount WTF??? how much money does he have?

That's what I thought.

Surely he knows all about camels and needles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

DamienH wrote: »
    Think he owns/inherited property.

Yeah, heard he has a vested interest in 15 properties around Cork which were being rented out.

Not 100% certain but I think the turn of phrase used was that the Revenue were "the biggest showers of backstards on the planet" and "an almighty shower of c u next Tuesdays"

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by CinammonGirl
    That's what I thought.
    Surely he knows all about camels and needles?

Given that the above is just a settlement and he probably has a Euro or hundred thousand left over, I'd say he knows more about Swiss bank accounts than about camels and needles and also some of our Fianna Fail politicians.

...then again, they continue to make up the banking system as they go along so I could be wrong! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Zacchaeus was a greedy little man
    He cheated all the people in the land
    when the rent they did not pay
    He would take their lands away
    And their furniture and everything they had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

http://www.zshare.net/audio/693147468173a5df/ Found the clip before people pussy out and have it taken down.

Advertisement