Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Beers in Northeast

• 02-12-2009 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend off licences in the Northeast with a decent selection of non-standard beers - for example O'Haras stouts, Goose Island, Sam Adams (other than the standard Boston Lager). Based in Carrickmacross, so can go in any direction - Dundalk, Navan, Drogheda etc. Wouldn't mind supping a few of those Christmas ales to take my mind off the world....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Your best bet might be to nip up to Newry and pick up UK beers there. Also, Lidl are currently doing Shepherd Neame's Christmas Ale for €1.99.

You can also get a box of whatever you like delivered for €10 from DrinkStore's great range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Any verdict on the Shepherd Neame's Christmas Ale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

You might have to go north. Sainsbury in Armagh is quite good and is not deluged by Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Any verdict on the Shepherd Neame's Christmas Ale?

The following blog (from someone well known on this forum) contains some info.

http://thebeernut.blogspot.com/2007/12/adoration-of-shepherds.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Im now interested in that christmas ale. I'll be dropping into lidl to grab a couple of bottles for tomorrow evening. If they go down well, i'll stock up a few for the festive season.

• Advertisement

Just grabbed a couple of those Christmas Ales on the way home. Will report later on....

Just grabbed a couple of those Christmas Ales on the way home. Will report later on....

Nice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 1carrot2

Keep the business down south. Try Callans Off-Licence, 40 Park St, Dundalk, Co. Louth. Tel: (042)9334382

Just had a couple of bottles of the x-mas ale. Very nice indeed. I'm not great at describing flavours but whatever is there, blends together nicely.

I'm of to lidl to stock up tomorrow. The tricky part will be not to touch them for another 3 weeks.

Yes those Christmas Ales are quite nice. Must go back and get some more meself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Murphyt

O'Briens in Drogheda have a good selection of beers, they have a few of the neame range but not the christmas ale yet.

Advertisement