Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice for phone /net acess on vodaphone

• 02-12-2009 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a phone for internet use ,to be used on vodaphone prepay that has tethering function,ie can be connected to a laptop for internet acess.
    CAN I get any unlocked phone from a shop and use it on vodaphone prepay.
    DO i have to sign a contract to use data /net acess on vodaphone?
    MY budget is 260euros.
    ID like a larger screen 5inchs if thats possible.I Like the android but that screen is 3inchs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

gamer wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a phone for internet use ,to be used on vodaphone prepay that has tethering function,ie can be connected to a laptop for internet acess.

Any of the Nokia E series handsets, e.g. E51, E52, E63 etc should suit your needs.
    CAN I get any unlocked phone from a shop and use it on vodaphone prepay.

Provided it is supports GSM bands 900/1800 and UMTS/3G band 2100, yes.
    DO i have to sign a contract to use data /net acess on vodaphone?

No.
    MY budget is 260euros.
    ID like a larger screen 5inchs if thats possible.I Like the android but that screen is 3inchs.

The Android handset with the biggest sized screen, 4", is the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10, but it won't be out until Spring 2010.

Advertisement