Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality of Cable TV in Tullamore?

• 02-12-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone living in town comment on the quality and service of cable in town now. I remember years ago the old analogue service with all the interference especially when it rains. Is Digital cable available, Broadband etc. Are there areas in town with no cable?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

this is one of my annoyances in life... chorus cable.. the worst thing that happened was when horizon took over CMI cable....CMI were progressing a digital roll out in its infancy..now if you want digital cable in tullamore you get MMDS aerial on your roof... they havent even started upgrading the fibre yet as far as I know nor have they any plans to. most of the estates in the town centre have a mix of analogue cable and the mmds aerials for anyone that wants "DIGITAL".... no broadband or phone service available//as for estates like drom liath or chancery they all have mmds digital... not a hope of them ever having digital cable or broadband from chorus unless its reselling the eircom package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭medoc

this is one of my annoyances in life... chorus cable.. the worst thing that happened was when horizon took over CMI cable....CMI were progressing a digital roll out in its infancy..now if you want digital cable in tullamore you get MMDS aerial on your roof... they havent even started upgrading the fibre yet as far as I know nor have they any plans to. most of the estates in the town centre have a mix of analogue cable and the mmds aerials for anyone that wants "DIGITAL".... no broadband or phone service available//as for estates like drom liath or chancery they all have mmds digital... not a hope of them ever having digital cable or broadband from chorus unless its reselling the eircom package.

I noticed a lot of MMDS aerials alright thats partly what got me curious. So the only "cable" Digital in Tullamore is MMDS? thats shocking for a town of its size. I believe they have upgarded some areas of Mullingar for digital cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

yep mmds.. I stand corrected if anyone can say they have digital cable in tullamore but as far as I know its MMDS all the way...analogue cable really should have been phased out years ago and they UPC wouldnt be taking such a hammering from sky in terms of sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭medoc

Surely any newly built estates were cabled when built or at the very least have ducts put in to allow future cable or even fibre.

Advertisement