Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT DNS server issues?

• 02-12-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭

Anyone having problems with BT broadband ? Today I couldn't get onto the net , using open dns now and it's working. Anyone else notice this ....?

or am I the only one left on BT :rolleyes:

Edit working now without open dns

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

What were you using before? Automatically set or setting the BT ones manually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

I'm using the automatic ones.
    updated my router too (netgear dg834g v4) which had something about fix for ireland
    Fixed a problem with DSL autodetection in Ireland.
    not sure what that means, it's working so fingers crossed

Does any know the BT Ireland dns servers ? the automatic sometimes work but then sometimes I can't connect for a sec

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

BT:
    DNS1 192.111.39.1
    DNS2 192.111.39.4

Though if your in the process of changing to Voda, these may not work for you and you may need the Voda ones like my relative did last week.

devnull wrote: »
    BT:
    DNS1 192.111.39.1
    DNS2 192.111.39.4

Though if your in the process of changing to Voda, these may not work for you and you may need the Voda ones like my relative did last week.

And what are the vodafone ones? the bt don't seem to work even though I'm still with them

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

Use OpenDns:

much faster.

halkar wrote: »
    Use OpenDns:

much faster.

I've always found OpenDNS to be slower than the standard ISP servers. They also hijack non-existent domains in the same way that UPC do. I just use Esat's old DNS and it works fine for me (194.145.128.1, 194.145.128.2).

Karsini wrote: »
    I've always found OpenDNS to be slower than the standard ISP servers. They also hijack non-existent domains in the same way that UPC do. I just use Esat's old DNS and it works fine for me (194.145.128.1, 194.145.128.2).

Thanks Karsini much faster that opendns works very well!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Lossy

Google dns is another option:

8.8.4.4 (alternative)

I too was having problems with BT dns. Have changed to google and havnt noticed any difference in lookup speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Was with someone this morning, who's DSL line wouldn't connect.

BT are changing over to Vodafone today - maybe related??

• Advertisement
Advertisement