Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex-engineering student, is volunteering with a prosthesist an option?

• 02-12-2009 4:12pm

Hi,
    Today I was in Maynooth, waiting to meet with a freind (sorting out a housemove), when I fell into conversation with a college student who is a prosthesis user. Now, the arm didn't feature much in the conversation, but me having a background in engineering I casually said I'd be willing to draw up a design for any attachment she'd like that'd allow her to do something she'd had problems with. The conversation moved on, and she mentioned a problem she had with driving. It was only on my way back from Maynooth in the car that I realised she was on about something I could draw up to solve it! And did I get or give any contact details? No. Feeling a right plank, but anyways.

I was thinking that the problem she had wouldn't be just hers, but other pros users too. All on the drive home I've been forming a "car driving" pros attachment design concept, and I'm wondering what (if anything) I can do with it. Should I persue it or just leave it to the professionals? And if I was to persue it, on a voluntary basis, what could I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

1=research if it isnt already invented
    2=draw desgin
    3=patent it
    4=manufacture
    5=sell it
    6=??
    7=profit
    8=??
    9=retire
    happily ever after :), these are the things that make people millions btw, its nice that youre doing it on a voluntary basis

Advertisement