Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackie Healy-Rae on the 9 O Clock news last night...

Options
  • 02-12-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

Did anyone hear this gombeen and his village idiot son on the news last night???

By his own words, the only thing that will make him stop supporting this government, is if they interfere with a past agreement made with him in relation to capital funding for parish pump projects in his constituency...

Forget about the country, or the wider common good, this gombeen can't see further than the Gleneagle Hotel when it comes to his politics... As his constituents lose jobs every hour of every day because the government his is supporting has no plan to protect jobs and create jobs. He is lucky they have mountains in his constituency or his constituency would probably be underwater right now. His constituents will be hit for more money now because the government he supports cannot stand up to vested interests...

People like Jackie Healy Rae and his village idiot son, and the gombeen electorate who vote in clowns like this, they make me ashamed to be Irish sometimes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Darragh29 wrote: »
    People like Jackie Healy Rae and his village idiot son, and the gombeen electorate who vote in clowns like this, they make me ashamed to be Irish sometimes, permanently.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

Did anyone hear this gombeen and his village idiot son on the news last night???

By his own words, the only thing that will make him stop supporting this government, is if they interfere with a past agreement made with him in relation to capital funding for parish pump projects in his constituency...

Forget about the country, or the wider common good, this gombeen can't see further than the Gleneagle Hotel when it comes to his politics... As his constituents lose jobs every hour of every day because the government his is supporting has no plan to protect jobs and create jobs. He is lucky they have mountains in his constituency or his constituency would probably be underwater right now. His constituents will be hit for more money now because the government he supports cannot stand up to vested interests...

People like Jackie Healy Rae and his village idiot son, and the gombeen electorate who vote in clowns like this, they make me ashamed to be Irish sometimes.

He hasnt changed his spots though, i`ll give him that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Fully agree OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I fully agree with you OP but he is the very personification and embodiment of the phrase "all politics is local".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I fully agree with you OP but he is the very personification and embodiment of the phrase "all politics is local".

Except when they want someone to pass the buck for their fvck-ups to, in which case it's all "global" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I'm sure the Kerry people who vote for him time and time again know exactly what they're getting. He might appear to be a complete and utter gombeen but he has probably done an awful lot for his constituents. It may not be right but it happens the whole country over.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

somes up our crappier by the day country, god we're such muppets

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Every country has their Jackie Healy Raes and nothing can be done about that. I don't mind one or two. But a whole parliament of them is a bit much to bear alright.

It's worse when you hear FF TDs telling their constituents that they are opposed to government moves (e.g. drink driving laws) but then vote for them in Dublin because the chief whip wants them to. Do they think people can't find these things out? Or maybe, is this why the broadband roll out across the country has been so slow.

But to my mind, Inda is the worst of the offenders. After making a big stink about NAMA, he doesn't even show up for the vote because he was engaged in consituency work. I don't mind some random rebel backbencher doing this stuff, but the leader of the opposition. Seriously? I know he had an agreement with another TD whereby neither would vote, but that doesn't excuse him at all.

All Irish politicans with a few notable exceptions are only concerned with local issues because that's what gets them elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

All Irish politicans with a few notable exceptions are only concerned with local issues because that's what gets them elected.

which is why we end up with leaders of poor calibre , someones brother or son or the local publican or teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

"The pipple of suth kirry":D

• Advertisement
Advertisement