Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supermacs Castlebar

Options
  • 02-12-2009 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

I don't know what the rest of the chain is like but the castlebar one has left me with very little faith in the rest of the chain.

I was in there today with my wife and child and honestly the food was awful, my wife got sick the food was so bad and when she went upstairs to find the toilets she found them locked.

We complained and the manager gave us our money back but frankly not good enough. We'll never be back.

Their product used to be quite good but what they served us just screamed 'cut backs.' They used to do decent sausages but they've been replaced with some cheapo version of sausage that is just horrible.

To be fair the manager on duty was apologetic and understood our complaints, but could do little else.

Riv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

RiverWilde wrote: »

We complained and the manager gave us our money back but frankly not good enough. We'll never be back.

Riv

What would you like them to have done?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Miaireland wrote: »

Rename it to AverageMac or BelowParMac now they're not super any more or do one of those cat things

funny-pictures-sick-cat-drinks-soda.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I'm sorry...you went to Supermacs...did you expect it to have a Michelin Star?

It's rank and horrible stuff, I wouldn't even bring my arch-nemesis there for a slap-up, never mind the wife and kid.

We were in the Carlow branch a while back, the missus (English) forced me into it out of a sense of curiosity...never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Miaireland wrote: »

Improve their foods quality and possibly give the customer somewhere to piss??:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

129042526744525374.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Its a good job that they keep their toilets locked. We don't want them to be recycling their food products. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

We complained and the manager gave us our money back but frankly not good enough..

To be fair the manager on duty was apologetic and understood our complaints, but could do little else.

What more can they do? They refunded you, so youre not at a loss. Yes the toilet thing was inconvenient, but bar apologising they cant appease you any other way.

You spoke to the manager, so hopefully your complaints will go up the chain of command and some of the penny pinchers will take note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

Frankly the food was disgusting - apart from the chips and it's damned hard to ruin pre-frozen frying chips.

We won't be back. The penny pinching with Supermacs started when they removed the perfectly good breading from their chicken and went for a cheaper, bland breading that is not worth buying.

We ordered a small garlic cheese fries - that was fine. Two portions of sausage - bloody awful - some cheapo inedible variety of sausage that made my wife physically sick after a few bites. A smokey bacon burger that frankly my two year old could have put together better - it was an insult to the name smokey bacon burger. I got chips with the burger which were fine and a large coke - which was flat!

If the shop can't be arsed to put together a simple meal that is supposed to be their standard fare - then I'm not arsed every crossing their doorstep ever again.

As regards not being at a loss, frankly we were. A person does not expect to vomit during or after visiting a restaurant as a result of eating the food!

Riv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I got a large taco fries in O'Connell St last night and it was fuppin' delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭sold

I don't know what the rest of the chain is like but the castlebar one has left me with very little faith in the rest of the chain.

I was in there today with my wife and child and honestly the food was awful, my wife got sick the food was so bad and when she went upstairs to find the toilets she found them locked.

Their product used to be quite good but what they served us just screamed 'cut backs.' They used to do decent sausages but they've been replaced with some cheapo version of sausage that is just horrible.

Riv

Had the exact same experience in portloaise, after that I have never entered one again. There are 2 in Ballina never see much business happening.

Not a big fan of fast food anyway, but atleast in Castlebar there is a decent McDonalds and the Manger there is very good guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

it was an insult to the name smokey bacon burger.

I feel your pain. The name Smokey Bacon Burger is synonymous with the creme de la creme of high end cuisine. It's an outrage that Supermacs have tarnished it's reputation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I don't see how someone can get sick after a few bites of some food, maybe she was already ill from elsewhere?

In fairness you get what you pay for and Supermacs in my experience aren't the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

I got chips with the burger which were fine and a large coke - which was flat!

Sounds like the Supermacs in Oranmore. The coke was always flat!

Advertisement