Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volunteering with Dogs!

• 02-12-2009 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

There are tens of thousands of dogs and pups that end up in Irish pounds every year. Many of these are tiny young pups, pedigree dogs and very obedient dogs of all shapes and sizes. It is a misconception that rescue dogs are problem dogs. Many are give in at very young ages or for reasons such as illness/emigrating etc. If you are a real dog lover and would love to help an abandoned dog or pup. Please consider fostering. Dogs in Distress take in dogs and pups who have been assessed into kind foster families homes until new homes can be found and the dogs are ready for homing. It is usually for short periods of time from 1 to 6 weeks approximately depending on the dog. All of our dogs can be seen on www.dogsindistress.org and we cover all medical expenses. It is a good experience to see if you are ready for a dog of your own or to see if your own dog needs company without the initial commitment. You will be saving a life and hopefully having a good experience. All support given. All the dogs and pups in the video are those that we have helped and those still needing homes....please have a look on www.dogsindistress.org

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi Suzi,

I have just emailed in the fostering & adoption forms today, have my eye on Tilly, have my own Yorkie called Tilly so that could get confusing!

Looking forward to hearing from ye. Quick question - do you need fosters homes not in Dublin area? I live in Galway.

Thanks, Donna

Advertisement