Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland is a real Sh!thole

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭TomBeckett

Out of curiosity, what do you plan to do, work wise, in Thailand?

Myself and my gf are going partnership in a resturant.. there is no sign of a resession out there so we shall try make a go of it and see what happens:)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭TomBeckett

amacachi wrote: »
    Women? Jesus that sounds amazing.
    I can get bottles of Heineken for less than that without going to the other side of the world. It's all about what people are willing to pay.

Looking forward to a thread in PI soon about someone gettin with a chick, realising it was a ladyboy, doing it anyway then being concerned about flames coming out of their member.

JESUS:eek:
    He must have been blind!! to be honest you would cop the ladyboys a mile away!! Thai Women are quite small normally 5ft 1 or 2 and are usually very peitte so if there as tall as you and there hands are large HE is a ladyboy!!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Palmerstown_guy

"Myself and my gf are going partnership in a resturant.. there is no sign of a resession out there so we shall try make a go of it and see what happens"

Very cool. The very best of luck with it, sincerely!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Its not that bad.

I think Ireland, while it has its bad parts, at least its not UKeland. That would be worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Yeah, it's pretty crap...

Still love it though! Home is where the heart is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ireland is a great country because we do have great people in it. All our problems boil down to our own laziness and the completely useless government we have. Everything that's bad can be traced back to inept government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

ScumLord wrote: »
    Ireland is a great country because we do have great people in it. All our problems boil down to our own laziness and the completely useless government we have. Everything that's bad can be traced back to inept government and the people that elect it.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Roro4Brit wrote: »
    The main flaw I find with this country is the people in it who feel that the world owes them something. Get up off your arse, stop feeling sorry for yourself and go make your like exactly how you want it...including finding a country that makes you happy...

i agree to many posters above but i think what you said there probably is the biggest issue of this country.

whenever people is facing a problem/issue, they will just back off and say,ah comon ,take it easy.and when they fail they will just blame that on something/someone or maybe they will admit the mistake they made and they will let it go/forget it very quickly:confused:

exactly this kind of attitude holding this country back - you can see there are many many unresolved problems existed in this country and never get improved after all these years. eg,try to submit a document/application to any type of agencies in this country.fecking fecking fecking take ages to wait for the reply/job done.

people just simply dont have the perseverance and the ability to handle pressure well.and people never learn from mistakes - if you remind them their mistake,they feel angry and upset:confused::confused:

the laid back attitude is cool ,only if you are steadily and 'awesomely' enough to do so.

and,i have never seen anyone like that working in the office before - people basically cant wait for thursday and friday to come TO jump into pubs for drinks:confused::confused:and get locked....

efficiency is the last thing you can expect from people here.you'd be surprise when you go Germany or Japan when you see how people take things seriously and work their ass of it and then they will have the rest later.I am using germany and japan as examples since you know Ireland has this celtic tiger moment which kinda in the same direction that these countries take.

i love ireland,very few discrimination happens to us foreigners - they just dont give a sh!t of wherever/what you are:D and some nice and kind people i have met,i can never thank them enough for their big help and kindness.irish are good people deep down.

huge generalization made above and what i said are purely based on what i have seen for the past 4 years.ireland is improving,but very very very slow.

/rant
    /procrastination:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

TheZohan wrote: »
    NYC is in the US davyjose.
    Oh you are american....

oh i see now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

This time 18 months ago most of us were oblivious. We thought we lived in Gods own country. Free education, everyone with degrees, dont bother with a job just head off and find yourself for a year and you'll walk into a great job when you come back, easy credit, nice (big) houses, flash cars, at least one big foreign holiday a year and try to fit in 1 or 2 city-breaks aswell just to de-stress..............etc etc........yada yada yada.

The rug has been well and truly pulled out from under us. Its one hell a fúckin crazy world. Our success was all an illusion.

Oh well, maybe we'll do it right next time. Im very cynical as you know though Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

no its not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I like Ireland and the people of Ireland, but I think that we, as a country, are rapidly losing our heritage. I hope to God this D4 phase dies down...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

lt's probably no better or worse (apart from the climate of course, that is sh1t!) than most other countries to live in.
    l've lived abroad for years but l always felt l would end up back here someday no matter what.
    And most foreign people living here stick it out and seem to like it too so it can't be that bad.

You'll find political scandal, crime, corruption etc in every country if you look deep enough.

The way l see it, you take the good and leave the bad...make it work.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 33,440 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Agricola wrote: »
    This time 18 months ago most of us were oblivious. We thought we lived in Gods own country. Free education, everyone with degrees, dont bother with a job just head off and find yourself for a year and you'll walk into a great job when you come back, easy credit, nice (big) houses, flash cars, at least one big foreign holiday a year and try to fit in 1 or 2 city-breaks aswell just to de-stress..............etc etc........yada yada yada.

The rug has been well and truly pulled out from under us. Its one hell a fúckin crazy world. Our success was all an illusion.

Oh well, maybe we'll do it right next time. Im very cynical as you know though Ted.

Contradiction there. Success was NOT an illusion, it was hard workfed-for and well earnt. But then MOST OF US YOU thought it was going to go on forever. A fool and his money...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭v240gltse

This country is finished !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Hey Casey! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Ireland is **** and always has been. Pretty much a pattern for the last thousand years; some country bails us out, we do ok for a short while, we **** it up, go through a ****storm, some other country bails us out, rinse and repeat. Can't wait to be out of the place.

On an individual basis, Irish people are some of the best in the world. Serious potential, endless achievement. Together, culturally, we are a country of retards.

Could you explain how Ireland is **** as a place to live in? I've considered it in the context other countries, e.g. Burma, and I have to say, in general, life's pretty sweet for Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Typical Irish point of view; "ah sure look at burma/africa/3rd world country they have it much worse"...

We have the potential to be one of the best countries in the world but instead we sit on our hands and engorge ourselves in mediocracy, with our "ah sure it'll be grand" mantra while the rest of the civilised world passes us by.

Why do we let ourselves be the just behind-the-rest sheep when we have the ability to lead the pack?

• Advertisement

mloc wrote: »
    Typical Irish point of view; "ah sure look at burma/africa/3rd world country they have it much worse"
    :D
    Like "typical Irish begrudger" eh?
    We have the potential to be one of the best countries in the world but instead we sit on our hands and engorge ourselves in mediocracy, with our "ah sure it'll be grand" mantra while the rest of the civilised world passes us by.

Why do we let ourselves be the just behind-the-rest sheep when we have the ability to lead the pack?
    Whatever. I'm referring to quality of life, which really is all that matters to the keyboard warriors here - it's damn good. This isn't a patriotism thing whatsoever, but I don't get the need for trying to make out we're living in a hellhole of a place. Even the phrase "banana republic" is bandied about, by people at their laptops, in their comfy chairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    IBTL

Looks like ya got it wrong.

Few days on and it's still going :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm referring to quality of life - it's damn good. .

I think it all depends on how much money you have.

If you have a decent wage then life can be sweet in Ireland.

If however you are broke and need to rely on public services of any, then it can be a Hell of a place to be.

The poverty in Ireland is hidden away and over the past ten years while everyone was screaming 'Celtic Tiger, Celtic Tiger' there was a certain amount of the population being savagely left behind.

Ireland is a great place and Ireland is a s**t place, it all depends on your circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

hey!! stop knockin ireland.....we have the best pervy clerics in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

OutlawPete wrote: »

Ireland is a great place and Ireland is a s**t place, it all depends on your circumstances.

You pretty much covered every country in the world. Also you have spoken the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Contradiction there. Success was NOT an illusion, it was hard workfed-for and well earnt. But then MOST OF US YOU thought it was going to go on forever. A fool and his money...

:D If you knew me, you'd know I certainly didnt think it would last forever! When I said "most of us" I wasnt including myself. I was speaking collectively. Im one of those cynical types that doesnt jump on bandwagons and pretty much didnt buy into any of the things I listed in my post. But alot of other people did unfortuately.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

The grass is always greener....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

mloc wrote: »
    Typical Irish point of view; "ah sure look at burma/africa/3rd world country they have it much worse"...

Guy has a point, it's a bit trite to start dragging poverty ridden third world hell-holes and go "AHA - see, at least the water here doesn't make us **** blood. Well, ok, except in Galway, but still...."

Yes they are far worse places to live than Ireland, but really, we're talking about places people would actually move, y'know first world countries.

It's like watching your team getting beaten 15-nil at home and having someone go "could be worse, you could be supporting the scunthorpe United paraplegic womens reserves" and yes, it's true, that would be worse, but they're not even in the same league, your words are meaningless drivel.

your words are meaningless drivel.
    Fair enough. What I consider "meaningless drivel" though is the rhetoric from a bunch of relatively privileged kids trying to find reason to compare Ireland to something of a hell on earth, talk of "revolutions" etc ("censorship" accusations make me LOL in particular). I don't usually do the "there's always someone worse off than you" thing but I think in these laughable cases, perspective is needed.

Ireland isn't without its problems of course (yes, Fianna Fáil are crooks - always were though, funny how it's only being noticed now that things are bad; woeful health service, crap infrastructure, it's too expensive) and I fully agree there is a chasm between the haves and have-nots - particularly so during the boom... however, call me presumptuous, but I'm going to consider it a safe bet that people who whinge on a message-board, rather than being a bit more pro-active, aren't particularly affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Its only a **** hole if the general population refuse to take the steps that can bring the changes.

We did it 100 years ago, why cant we do it again.

We did fúckall...it was a selfless few who made the ultimate sacrifice in some cases...the rest of the populace didn't seem to care too much to join?

As for today...much much worse...people are way too selfish and only thing of themselves..I can't see any of those rising up against our government?

Advertisement