Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thierry Henry to be investigated by FIFA

• 02-12-2009 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Breaking news:

Sky Sports news just announced Thierry Henry to be investigated by FIFA disciplinary committee over the infamous handball.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Investigated for what exactly? It's not ike they don't know he handballed it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Do people honestly still care?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Xavi6 wrote: »

Well Sky Sports news obviously do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

FIFA are as imcompetant as our leaders and no doubt they will fudge the issue.

FIFA should not be 'investigating' a clear handball, they should be getting their head out of their arses and fixing the incidents in the penalty box (which they should have a long time ago).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Let me guess, he will get ban but some rule 52.1.26 will say that it will not take affect until after the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

After careful deliberation and forensic evidence, FIFA will announce that it was indeed a handball.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yes. He cheated, he knows, they know, they must be seen to be punishing him. Simply to look like the care about the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭rednik

Gereard Houllier has commented recently saying what Henry did was not cheating, it was instinctive. I would say it was instinctive cheating. Will be interesting to see what FIFA do but to be honest I can't see them going far enough to deter other from doing the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Let me guess, he will get ban but some rule 52.1.26 will say that it will not take affect until after the World Cup.

bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Looks like the French are still embarrassed

Spot the difference ;)

French site:
    http://gillettechampions.fr/index.aspx?locale=fr_fr&useDart=1

Spanish site
    http://gillettechampions.es/index.aspx?locale=es_es&useDart=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Itinerary of events.

Lads from fifa gather round table.

Sooooo, whats the story lads?

They are still bangin on about the handball.

Is there something we can do to give the impression that we give a fcuk?

Aye, we can ermmm, say we will 'investigate' it, this will give the further impression that we actually 'work' for our jobs.

Grand so, we'll do that,.... sepp, stop hogging the prawn sandwiches, im starving.

Any objections???

Sorry, what are we talking about??

=PR exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Blatter just apologised for his comments about the "33rd team".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well having read Blatter's remark the other day:
    I called Thierry, because he tried to get in touch with me. He was honest by admitting that he did use his hand, but it wasn't his responsibility to tell the referee.

I can't see the two phone pals having their cosy relationship ruined by fanciful notions about fair play and playing the game in a good spirit.

I suspect the outcome will be that he will be warned about his future conduct. Whoop-de-do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I'm sure it will be a thorough investigation all right.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him get banned for the first group game as some sort of gesture to show that FIFA did something even though it will mean nothing at all.
    Good old Sepp always gets his way, I'm sure when he dies he'll have his consciousness transfered into digital form so he can continue to run the game from beyond the grave.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I sort of gotten over the whole thing.Serves hum right though if he gets soms sort of ban but it'll probably end uo being for some handy game that France'll easily win in the gropu stages.FIFA just don't want the whole soccer world to turn against them.They're just saying they'll "investigate" it to make it look like they actually care and are doing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

This will be a pretend investigation just like the UEFA Eduardo investigation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

nullzero wrote: »
    I'm sure it will be a thorough investigation all right.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him get banned for the first group game as some sort of gesture to show that FIFA did something even though it will mean nothing at all.
    Good old Sepp always gets his way, I'm sure when he dies he'll have his consciousness transfered into digital form so he can continue to ruin the game from beyond the grave.

Edited your response above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

When I was in the pub losing it over the handball, I never thought I'd be thinking Meh a week or two later, but it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

I assume that there'll be a thorough investigation into Maradonna's handball against England back in '86 too?

Stupid rule changing inept clowns. The FA, UEFA, FIFA, you name it, I have lost faith in all these bodies in football. Absolutely embarrassing the lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

this is another joke.

investigating what. he handled it, the ref missed it. it happens. ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Why oh why is there so little cop on at the top of these organisations?

They just don't get consistency...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Any player that deliberately handles the ball in a Henry fashion, should receive a straight red card and minimum 2 game ban. How hard would it be for the clowns at FIFA to introduce this?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Fifa said any game defining incident will be investigated, in this case the handball. Surely every incident in a game is a defining incident.

First leg Lawrence open goal blocked by abidal. Ref gives goal kick. is that not defining who's to say we wouldn't have scored from the corner.

Personally i think fifa are after opening themselves up for a lot of complaints during the world cup cos frankly the standard of referees aren't great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

fkt wrote: »
    I assume that there'll be a thorough investigation into Maradonna's handball against England back in '86 too?

We got FIFA Fair Play campaign out of that.

Advertisement