Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Agency Query

Options
  • 02-12-2009 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, this is my first time submitting a query so here goes...

I recently moved from a house I was renting, the letting agency are being slow to refund my deposit - there is no issues with the house but they are trying to drag out the repayment. I know from previous individuals living in the house that they were not paid their deposit for 4 weeks. My query is this - what are your rights? They say they have to ask the landlord who lives in the US, the funny thing is they have not even checked the house to make sure everything is okay.

One last thing - if you pay a deposit in cash can you ask to get it back in cash? They say I will be issued a cheque.

Thanks,
    m

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

in any dealings i had with renting, i always paid/recieved the deposit when the keys were handed over, the property should have been checked in your presence and the the keys/deposits handed over.

you prob wont get cash as letting agencys prob wouldnt have cash on the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accomodation & Property

dudara

Advertisement