Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Weather event from Dec 10th?

Options
  • 02-12-2009 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

Some charts are predicting a major event of light winds, mild temps and even a dry spell from about 10th Dec.

Surely this couldn't happen?

Can the more knowldgeable posters comment on the possibilty of being able to leave the house without umbrellas & waterproofs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

In fantasy Island any thing is possible.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

nilhg wrote: »
    In fantasy Island any thing is possible.:D

Looks like fanatasy island may come through! - Most of the 5 - 14 day forecasts for the UK are predicting a quiet spell of mostly dry coldish weather extending west over ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Wow , that's mad.

I hope people have time to put away thier sandbags.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

normally every winter i wish for snow but this year is different for me. I am so sick of rain and any kind of percipitation, i just want it to dry up and be mild and sunny for the next 4 months with a few night time frosts. Im finishing a photography module in my college course and its been a nightmare trying to get out of my free time to take pictures because every day its raining and dull. I wish for a dry mild winter now more than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

Gonzo wrote: »
    normally every winter i wish for snow but this year is different for me. I am so sick of rain and any kind of percipitation, i just want it to dry up and be mild and sunny for the next 4 months with a few night time frosts. Im finishing a photography module in my college course and its been a nightmare trying to get out of my free time to take pictures because every day its raining and dull. I wish for a dry mild winter now more than anything.

dry with 2-3 cold spells (1 good snowfall) would be grand for me, I'm so sick of the rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It's Ok unless you, like me, live in the West where I suspect we will get some rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Discodog wrote: »
    It's Ok unless you, like me, live in the West where I suspect we will get some rain.

Just a drop like. If the forecasters had a cent for every time they mentioned rain in the West, they'd have a small fortune by now. Time to bulldoze the hills methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

yr.no shows rain or showers for Wed, Thur, Fri whereas Metcheck show all three as dry days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

thursday onwards should see very little rainfall (maybe none at all) for the whole of Ireland:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

There'll be panic in the streets, happy days I'll be able to get some work done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Ken Ring the New Zealand weather Guru was on Today FM "The Last Word" progamme last Thursday evening. He said that we could look forward to mainly dry weather from around 10th to around Christmas Day.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Certainly looking nailed on for that pattern change in the weather from late this week and over next weekend. High pressure building from the east and north, means much needed dry,settled weather is at last on the way and with a north or east wind component, it'll make for good drying conditions too.

Anyone looking for snow though, that looks far more difficult to predict this far out. I would say let the high pressure establish itself,get a few days of dry weather and then we'll see if the conditions are ripe. Looks likely we'll have some sharp/severe frosts coming too though, so some seasonal weather at least for the time being:).

Advertisement