Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering from UCD to UL, how?

• 02-12-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Right I'm doing first year science in UCD at the minute and it's all right and all but I'm not sure if it's what I want to do for the rest of my life like. On my cao last year I had LM114 music,media & performance technology as my second choice behind science in UCD. I thought at the time doing music technology would be a waste of a degree but now I'm not so sure. At the moment my course just feels like a chore, no real interest to be honost.

So anyway I'm just wondering how I go about transferring from UCD to UL. Should I do cao again or just go directly through the college. And if I go through cao again am I still liable for free fees?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Niamh_

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Your a first year....I'm nearly sure CAO is the way to go!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

im kind of in the same position as you, im dropping out to go back through the CAO and i am liable for the full fees next year but ONLY fo first year. hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

So if I do CAO again I'll only have to pay full fees for the first year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

DylanJM wrote: »
    So if I do CAO again I'll only have to pay full fees for the first year?

(simple answer) The state pays for 4 year's tutition fees, so if you do first and second year and then go back to first you only pay full fees for the year's you've already done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Ok thanks for the help guys and clearing things up for me. So I'm after missing the open day by a mile so can anyone tell me what UL is like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

UL, at the end of the day, is what you make it. Its small enough that you can get to know everyone and yet big enough that you can get away from it all when you need to.

The MMPT course is still in its infancy, this year's fourth years will be the first graduates. Its a very varried course where, from what i gather, you get to learn about music, video, web design etc etc

http://www.ul.ie/courses/LM114.html
    I'd say email the course head (kerry)

Advertisement