Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Aids Day Event - Trad Group Needed

Options
  • 02-12-2009 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES - HAVE FOUND WHAT I NEEDED.

Hi Everyone,

I am helping to facilitate the Irish end of a worldwide event for World Aids Day initiated by Bono’s Red charity. About Red - http://www.joinred.com/Learn/AboutRed/Idea.aspx

The event entails singers from all over the world singing The Beatles ‘All You Need Is Love’ simultaneously at 13.30 GMT on the 7th December. The event will be streamed live from every country in the world back to screens in London where we’re told some famous singers will be taking part. Then all the videos from different countries will be cut together to make one music video for the web which will be seen all over the world.

They had originally thought they could only have singers – but it turns out since yesterday they’ve opened it up & they would LOVE for Ireland to be represented by a trad group playing the song – there’s not really any money in it as its for charity – I can cover some expenses/transport if necessary.

[font=&quot]Anyone who was interested would probably need to take a few hours off work if they work office hours – I’d need them from about noon on the day & they’ll be done by 13.45 – location will be somewhere in Dublin area.

Obviously due to the last minute change of brief on this I'm looking for people who are interested to get in touch asap so they have time to learn the song etc.

Feel free to ask any questions you like.
    Shirley
    [/font]

Advertisement