Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I had little sympathy in the first place, but now..

Options
  • 02-12-2009 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

I was in the motor tax office of county buildings yesterday morning. I was waiting behind the queue while my girlfriend was paying her car tax.

At another window this woman asks the blonde girl behind the glass "Are ye out on Thursday?" (meaning, are ye going on strike).

I can't hear the reply, but notice heads turning in the office. This woman continues on, "To tell the truth I hope we are, I'd love the day off".

As she looked around the office the amount of dirty glares at her didn't go unnoticed. She continued on "God, I hope no one heard that, it sounded so bad".

All the time shouting through the glass.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Can't say it's unexpected. Look at the people working there, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Quick. Ring Joe Duffy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

She wasn't working in the motor tax office, she was a customer of theirs at that instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Workers in crazy wanting a day off scandal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

She`ll get 12 unpaid days off a year now sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

All good and well to laugh lads until someone you care about has an operation scheduled for Thursday after waiting four years, yes, four, in this wonderful little country of ours, only to have the ****s put up them about it being put off, again, by these same greedy people.

You see it in a different light then.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

johngalway wrote: »
    All good and well to laugh lads until someone you care about has an operation scheduled for Thursday after waiting four years, yes, four, in this wonderful little country of ours, only to have the ****s put up them about it being put off, again, by these same greedy people.

You see it in a different light then.

The only greedy people are those wanting to strike.

Vile, greedy and out of touch scum of Ireland, they are rotting this country to the core to keep their over paid wages.

Disgracful swines.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Vile, greedy and out of touch scum of Ireland, they are rotting this country to the core to keep their over paid wages.

Disgracful swines.

Scum of ireland! Are you for real these people are simply trying to hold what they have nobody in their right mind would sit back and take 2 pay cuts in 6 months without a fight. I hope none of those scummy firemen, nurses or doctors ever have to put their filthy hands on you to save your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

Disgracful swines.

Good man yourself. All typed from the safety of cyberspace. I'm sure if you met a Guard, Nurse, Teacher etc you'd repeat that too. Not likely. Because it's people like you and your some fellow private sector workers along with the media who are whipping up this frenzy regarding overpaid PS workers.

It's one long moanathon with you.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

If I don't close this thread now, I'll only end up revisiting it in the morning and banning about forty people.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement