Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Error when trying to play a movie

• 02-12-2009 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

So I plugged in an external hard drive into the USB port to try and play a movie file (.avi)

The Xbox returns the following error message:
    A media is required to play this content. To get the update sign into xbox live and play the content again:status code 51-c00df236

Am I right in guessing that the xbox probably needs some sort of codec/divx kind of thing to play this media?

I dont have any internet connection for the xbox so does anyone know where I can get this fix outside of xbox live and install it direct to the xbox?

Many thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

Without a live connection you can do nothing, Xbox's are **** all use without a connection to live. you cant install anything to your console without connected to live. Another reason why microsoft are a bunch of ****!

Advertisement