If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies EXCLUSIVE Deal From Richer Sounds & The Philips Shop

Options
  • 02-12-2009 6:27pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I really have a cracker of a deal here for you.

I have one of the best ever IPOD docks that I can do a Boardie exclusive deal on at a completely MAD BONKERS price - and I mean MAD BONKERS....

The Dock is a DLS99901 and it was developed by DLO for Philips - it is really mega in that it is not only a standard link for your IPod to your Hifi but it is also Video out AND (this is the good bit) it is a 1080i upscaler with HDMI out - so all those crummy vids on your Ipod/Iphone will now look great (or at least more than watchable) on your 42" TV.

It also has an RF remote so you can control it when you are in a diffrent room and Digital Optical audio out (as well as lots of analogue outputs of course) as well as USB input and - yes again it has HDMI output!!.

The on screen menu system is sexier than Pixie Lott (for the young ones out there) or Thelma Mansfield for us oldies - and is about as far removed from the standard Ipod Dock display as Chalk 'n Cheese.

See the details here and see the specs here

If you have a look online you will see it priced between £120 -£230.

If you want one and you are a Boardie we will do them (one per Customer) at just £59.95 / €66.99

Next Day delivery is just £9.99 / €10.99 as it's a decent sized box - we have them available now in Belfast and they will be available late this week in The Philips Shop.

Drop me a post if you would like one or a mail to johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks as ever guys,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Hi John,

Maybe I read through everything to quickly, so I will ask anyway is it compatable with all iPOD's ?

Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Maybe I read through everything to quickly, so I will ask anyway is it compatable with all iPOD's ?

Eddie

Probably easier just to setup a direct debit...
    Stick me down for one for now... Cheers John.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

I'll take one!
    email sent!!!

I'm kinda assuming it will work with an iPod Nano?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Nice.

Stick me down for one too. :)

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Hi John,

Eddie

Eddie,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you about the 32" - I'll get back to you tomorrow on that one after I have a dig around.

On the Homedock HD front - we have tested it with pretty much everything and it works beautifully (from a 4G classic right up to the latest 3Gs Iphone). on the iPhone - it brings up a message saying it's not compatible - just bypass that message and it works 110% including intelligent charging and the on screen display and navagation is just amazing - it's even clever enough to have paired remotes so if you need 2 in a house (to avoid rows with the kids..) you can link a remote to a specific Homedock HD.

Honestly it's a zinger of a product and an absolute steal at just £59.95..

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

PCDub wrote: »
    Probably easier just to setup a direct debit...
    Stick me down for one for now... Cheers John.

PC Dub,

thanks for that - yep I'm still trying to find something that we have not sold you yet!!! :eek: (you know I will find something)

Perhaps it would be easier if you just paid my mortgage on a monthly basis - that should just about equal your monthly spend at RS & The PS?

Thanks again and I'll get the guys to give you a call to get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'm really tempted by this but cause it has a rf remote I guess that means it wouldn't work with my harmony remote?...

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I'm really tempted by this but cause it has a rf remote I guess that means it wouldn't work with my harmony remote?...

No the Harmony won't control it - but it does come with a credit card sized remote that gives you access to all your Ipod functions (and more) and unlike the Harmony will work from other rooms.....;)

It's too tempting to pass over and to all Boardies - if you don't love it - we'll take 'em back no problem (we know once they are installed you'll never part with them...:P)

ATB,

John Mc

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

John, you've twisted my rubber arm!
    I'll have one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 knackee

I'll take one John. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

I'll take one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Darcy Dougal

I'll take one!! I'll collect from the Philips Shop when they are in

Thanks Guys for the business - they are a cracking deal - we will contact all of you today and arrange delivery.

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Eddie,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you about the 32" - I'll get back to you tomorrow on that one after I have a dig around.

On the Homedock HD front - we have tested it with pretty much everything and it works beautifully (from a 4G classic right up to the latest 3Gs Iphone). on the iPhone - it brings up a message saying it's not compatible - just bypass that message and it works 110% including intelligent charging and the on screen display and navagation is just amazing - it's even clever enough to have paired remotes so if you need 2 in a house (to avoid rows with the kids..) you can link a remote to a specific Homedock HD.

Honestly it's a zinger of a product and an absolute steal at just £59.95..

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John, in terms of compatibility with the iPhone, do you know what happens when a call is received when using the dock? Does it mute the music or video and let the user take the call?

Thanks.

ADSLUSER wrote: »
    Hi John, in terms of compatibility with the iPhone, do you know what happens when a call is received when using the dock? Does it meet the music or video and let the user take the call?

Thanks.

Adsluser,

no idea - but we will try it out for you and revert this afternoon (good question tho.)

ATB,

John Mc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Just like to say thanks for an unbelievably fast delivery.
    Kenny rang and took my order yesterday at 3.30pm and the HomeDock arrived this morning. The dock looks like a well constructed slick piece of kit.

Cheers guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Hi John, in terms of compatibility with the iPhone, do you know what happens when a call is received when using the dock? Does it mute the music or video and let the user take the call?

Thanks.

When I had my I phone with a dock, it gave the not compatable message, but it worked no problem. When a call came through the music/video pauses and allows you to answer the call

When I had my I phone with a dock, it gave the not compatable message, but it worked no problem. When a call came through the music/video pauses and allows you to answer the call

Excellent! Thanks for the info!

Just need to do some more research before deciding.

Hi John, I've decided to take one. I can wait when they are delivered to the Philips shop. Would they be available in the Philips Shop tomorrow (Saturday) by any chance? Thx.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi ADSLUSER

I have one set aside in the Philips Shop for you.
    Call on in.

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks.

Ads,

Sorry it took so long!

Chris here in Richer (the trendy poser DJ type bod (ie he is the only one of us with an iPhone) tried it out for you - when a call comes in it rings through the speakers (assuming of course that you have speakers connected..) and stops whatever you were watching or listening to.....

Keep me posted if you need any other info.

Anyone tried theirs out yet - love some feedback!

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Hi John,

Just what i was looking for, this will replace that Denon dock! Can you get it sent to the philips store and i'll collect from there.

Cheers

Wayne

No problem Chris, someone else who bought it also said the same so I picked one up from the Philips store today that Ash reserved for me. :D Thanks again to all of you for this great deal.

Ads,

Sorry it took so long!

Chris here in Richer (the trendy poser DJ type bod (ie he is the only one of us with an iPhone) tried it out for you - when a call comes in it rings through the speakers (assuming of course that you have speakers connected..) and stops whatever you were watching or listening to.....

Keep me posted if you need any other info.

Anyone tried theirs out yet - love some feedback!

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MVK

Hi John

Can you put me down for one of these. Can I collect it from the Philips shop when they are in.

Thanks

Are these in stock at the philips store?

sofireland wrote: »
    Are these in stock at the philips store?

Sofi,

Yep we have the DLA99901 available in either The Philips Shop or Richer Belfast at the moment - just give us a shout if you would like us to reserve one for you.

Thanks again ( and apologies for the delay in getting back to you)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

hi john

Sounds pretty gud, can i have 1 delivered to galway,
    who do i pay, where how who when what

PM me so i can find out

Thanks

Hi John
    please do will collect a week on Saturday in the philips store
    cheers
    Wayne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Zul

hi John, could you set aside one for me in the Philips shop. Will try to pick up at some stage this weekend. Cheers.:)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.