Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus goin to the o2 16th dec

• 02-12-2009 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

hi all
    my girlfriend and her two girls have tickets for the mylie cyrus gig on the 16th of this month in the 02 in dublin and she does,nt want to drive up to it but if needs be she will!!! what i want to find out for her is! are there any special buses that go to the 02 from waterford for gigs like this???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I doubt it.

An option of sorts that I've used in the past for going to gigs in Dublin is to catch the Rapid Express regular service.

The last time I checked it would involve a bit of hanging around in Dublin till maybe 1am getting a bite to eat but she'd at least not have to drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

We all know its you who is going to the concert :pac::pac::pac:

Rapid express would seem best bet but I find that bus torture at the best of times. Long and often full of twats in my experience.

I would nearly suggest just staying up there if possible. All three could crash somewhere in the city for about 40 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

ziedth wrote: »
    We all know its you who is going to the concert :pac::pac::pac:

Rapid express would seem best bet but I find that bus torture at the best of times. Long and often full of twats in my experience.

I would nearly suggest just staying up there if possible. All three could crash somewhere in the city for about 40 each.
    yea, you have to be in the right frame of mind for the bus. Music on the headphones helps in my experience.
    Jurys inns can be haggled with sometimes, I got a room for 4 a few months back for 80 all in. Worked out at 20 per skull to stay in reasonable comfort in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Haven't heard of any buses, and doubt there will be any tbh.

It's actually painless enough to drive up to the Red Cow, park there and get the Luas to Connolly Station. Probably only 10-15 min walk from there to the O2 Arena then.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Actually from next week the luas will be going all the way as far as the 02 Arena

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

thanks for the replies everyone will show her this post later when i get home. @ziedth your a funny man hahaha(don,t tell anyone it really me going)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

There are two hotels located near the o2, so she could stay overnight cheap. Basically just get train into heuston and a taxi over for less then a tenner and you should be sorted.

As mentioned, a Luas line is nearly ready and opening soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

JJ Kavanagh do a service from Waterford to the o2.
    Its on their site but the number to dial is:

"For information and advice on coach times from your nearest pick up point

please call one of our dedicated customer service advisors on

0818 333 222"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Hi!

Myself and my friend drove up in May when we were going to see boyzone, we parked in Tallagh and got the Luas to town, and then they have special O2 buses to collect you and drop you back to the Luas...I wouldnt park in Tallagh again though, go to the red cow! It was so handy

Advertisement