Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone on here know the name of this Pub??

Options
  • 02-12-2009 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Lads and Lasses, as the title goes...

Found this pub on Sunday night after having a few pints with a mate of mine. I know it's somewhere that we've walked past a good few times, but never bothered going in as it looked a bit strange. Everytime we went past there was some crazy live music going on, which I don't think ever appealed to us before.

But by god was I wrong! The place was amazing, practically everyone in the place was in a hypnotic trance on the dance floor with this guy playing almost trippy Bob Marley music on an acoustic guitar. The more drunk I got the better this place seemed, and I have to say it was pretty awesome!

Location wise, I remember we were walking from Georges Street, took a left on Dame Street, and crossed the road (Same side as the Central Bank, but obviously not near it) It was a fairly small place, with just a single bar. Smoking area was like a little new york style back alley?!

Does anyone know the name of this place before I crack?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Was it next door or a couple of doors away from abrakebra?

If yea, I think its Brogans!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's probably Rouge, or whatever it's called now. Think it was a gay bar a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LinoRichie

sounds like the Foggy Dew

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LinoRichie

LinoRichie wrote: »
    sounds like the Foggy Dew

although that's right beside the Central Bank so maybe not...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

That'd be turning right on Dame Street and no dancefloor. Was only in that Rouge place once but people were dancing downstairs. You'd barely notice it from the street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

jdivision wrote: »
    It's probably Rouge, or whatever it's called now. Think it was a gay bar a few years ago.

Not so loud dude! :p I must look at Brogans and Rouge now on google maps! Thanks for the swift replies lads.

I even remember people just walking into the place and not having a clue what was going on! This place has potential! :)

AlienGav wrote: »
    Not so loud dude! :p I must look at Brogans and Rouge now on google maps! Thanks for the swift replies lads.

I even remember people just walking into the place and not having a clue what was going on! This place has potential! :)

Both the same premises, Brogans use to be rougue, before the name change! Id say it must be that do, smokin area is in a lane and sometimes they open the front of the place even...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Sounds like Brogans.

There's an alley to the right of it which goes to the stage door of the Olympia.

When you walk in there's a space about ~25 ft by ~25ft, then the bar on the left with tables opposite and the toilets down the back. The smoking area is between the end of the bar and the toilets to the left and only has room for a handful or two people and has kegs and other stuff there.

?

Danye wrote: »
    Both the same premises, Brogans use to be rougue, before the name change! Id say it must be that do, smokin area is in a lane and sometimes they open the front of the place even...

Rogue is/was 64 Dame St, Brogans is 75 Dame St and doesn't open out to the street. Rogue is now a tapas bar.

Lads, thank you all for the replies!

It must be Brogans! :) What a mad place! I fooking louve it! :D

• Advertisement

tricky D wrote: »
    Sounds like Brogans.
    When you walk in there's a space about ~25 ft by ~25ft, then the bar on the left with tables opposite and the toilets down the back. The smoking area is between the end of the bar and the toilets to the left and only has room for a handful or two people and has kegs and other stuff there.

?

That's bang on Tricky, you know your stuff.
    What did you think of the place?

Rogue is/was 64 Dame St, Brogans is 75 Dame St and doesn't open out to the street. Rogue is now a tapas bar.

Oh is it? Whats is the name of Rogue now? I thought it was an Irish themed bar no?

Ain't been there for years. Last time was to watch some football.
    Danye wrote: »
    Oh is it? Whats is the name of Rogue now? I thought it was an Irish themed bar no?

Tapamammas Kitchen

You have now enabled me to complete part two of my dilema...
    To find out who the hell that guy on the guitar was playing the hypnotic Bob Marley music... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

Isn't Rogue now called Peadar Kearney's?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

There's a reggae band called the Tangenteers play Paddy Kearney's on Sundays....might head in myself now since you've given it such a good review :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DameStreetFrenchRestaurantWide11060.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

What about downstairs in Thomas Reades. That place was pretty funky last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

carolmon wrote: »
    There's a reggae band called the Tangenteers play Paddy Kearney's on Sundays....might head in myself now since you've given it such a good review :)
    Peadar's, not Paddy's.... :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Rogue was a good spot when it opened. Had some great nights there with the gf.
    Peadar Kearney's - haven't actually been into it. It looks like some dive of an Irish bar you'd see in Majorca!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

http://entertainment.ie/venue_information/Peader-Kearney%27s/38098.htm

i think it's peadar keaneys (formerly rogue) too...

carolmon wrote: »

Cheers, mine's a pint! :D

Hmmm... I need pictures of this Peadar Kearnys. I'm probably going to have to drive the long way into work later and have another look at exactly where I was... Bloody drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I was going to say Brogans too. Nice wee pub. Nice pint. Bill Bailey likes it too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Ain't been there for years. Last time was to watch some football.

I go there a lot. Great Guinness, and the bar staff are all really nice. It's one of my top 5 Dublin pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

that's peadar Kearney's alright (used to be rogue). Crap name but the pub is fairly decent. one thing you might remember is oak like barrells to put your pint on? Anyway they've always leaned towards raggae music in there. Used to be a raggae/dub/roots night downstairs there few months ago, but i think they got rid of it.

MemEmee wrote: »
    does this interior look familiar.. hope this link works ...

947837153a10261267268l.jpg

I do remember everyone having that motion blur as I got more sozzled...
    But this dance floor bit looks very unframiliar! :p

Maybe there's a downstairs?! Thank you to all that have helped!

Big up this place!

Advertisement