Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chris kindle present what do I get?

• 02-12-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭

The gang in work have decided to do chris kindle this year (put the names in a hat and whoever you pull out you buy them a present) I have never done this before and as I have picked the new girl (she's only in the job a week) I havn't a clue what to get her, one of the girls said get her a jokey present but I don't even know what that is or even if she's a jokey kind of person. So any ideas please?:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Did you all agree on a € limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Oink wrote: »
    Did you all agree on a € limit?
    no limit but they said about €5 or €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dosed

get her one of the little gift sets from Lush. everyone likes Lush stuff and it comes nicley wrapped.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

For an extra €5 you could buy her hours of entertainment!

927200.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

she would either get hours of enjoyment or never speak to me again:D
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    For an extra €5 you could buy her hours of entertainment!

927200.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That risk makes it all the more worthwhile! They're easy to solve anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

This might be slightly off topic, but why do people insist on calling it Chris Kindle?
    Chris Kindle doesnt mean anything, it isnt even a name. It's Chris Kringle. Gawsh.

/Rant.

In terms of 5 euro gift ideas, how about a sudoku book or the largest amount of Chocolate you can by for 5 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

i have to get a kris kindle presant (5euros) for an unspecified person for a party i'm going to and the advice is to make is as funny as possible... i'm stumped!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

joke shop? chocolate penis>?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

casio4 wrote: »
    The gang in work have decided to do chris kindle this year (put the names in a hat and whoever you pull out you buy them a present) I have never done this before and as I have picked the new girl (she's only in the job a week) I havn't a clue what to get her, one of the girls said get her a jokey present but I don't even know what that is or even if she's a jokey kind of person. So any ideas please?:confused:

Maybe try to get a few things in the euro shops.
    You know, Christmas earrings and a Christmas stocking for her presents, and put a scratch card in the stocking for her to find.

Or a 10 euro Dunnes voucher?
    She might find that handy.:pac:

It's hard when you don't know much about the person you are buying for.

Let us know what you found for her.:pac:
    phlegms wrote: »
    This might be slightly off topic, but why do people insist on calling it Chris Kindle?
    Chris Kindle doesnt mean anything, it isnt even a name. It's Chris Kringle. Gawsh.

/Rant.

In terms of 5 euro gift ideas, how about a sudoku book or the largest amount of Chocolate you can by for 5 euro?

It is Chris Kringle, I don't know where Kindle came from. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 lockie83

phlegms wrote: »

/Rant.

Not to be a pain but its actually Kris Kringle.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

I think that actually both Chris Kindle and Kris Kringle are widely used, also Chris Kindle comes from the german Christkindl the gift-bringer.

As to gift ideas im in the same situation myself and have no idea, i think il just go with a humorous present, but nothing too riskae, dont wanna offend anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 lockie83

the US version is named after Santa Claus while Chris Kindle and Kris Kringle are corruptions of the original name of the German gift-bringer Christkindl, which means the 'Child Jesus'

My point being its either Chris Kindle or Kris Kringle, Chris Kringle is incoorect as is Kris Kindle.

Got it? Get it? Good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Perrin2040

lockie83 wrote: »
    the US version is named after Santa Claus while Chris Kindle and Kris Kringle are corruptions of the original name of the German gift-bringer Christkindl, which means the 'Child Jesus'

My point being its either Chris Kindle or Kris Kringle, Chris Kringle is incoorect as is Kris Kindle.

Got it? Get it? Good! :D

My apologies, you were totally right, sorry man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

+1 on a Lush gift set. You would get a nice for for 10 yoyos and it will look well when you give it to her. She can't really complain anyway, if she doesn't like it, that's one less Christmas pressie she has to buy because she can just pass yours on!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

Not sure of her age but in newbridge the have lovely silver christmas tree decorations. I'm getting a few for those people i swap token gifts with. They're from a tenner.

If she's younger it might not suit, then i'd agree with lush. You can't go wrong with that

Advertisement