Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Home sound system

• 02-12-2009 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

My wife and I are looking for a good sound system, preferably one that can be connected to radio, TV, DVD player. Classical music is a favourite of ours. Our lounge is not very big, house an average semi.

We were recently blown away by a demo of a Bose system but it cost more that €5000 although they do a less expensive system for €1500. Later a Sony rep showed us a good system starting about €1200. We are not tech-aware in this department - can anyone point us in the direction of good alternatives, or perhaps persuade us we do, after all, need to spend thousands?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

For €1000 you should look at the arcam mini solo. Very very good. You can add an ipod dock connector too. Available to listen in Cloney Audio Blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Talent

Nereid,
    Does that include speakers and if not, what would you recommend?
    Talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Included, not 100% sure on the price. This is from February but they had an offer recently for €1095.

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Talent

Cloney s/b worth a look next time I'm down south (live in Balbrigan).
    Talent

Advertisement