Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options
1113114115116117119»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The one thats played on Christmas FM regularly is definitely the Sharon Shannon version/cover. & FWIW, I agree, its one of those that I tire of quickly, i.e. best taken in small doses!

On the subject of Christmas FM, it was 32 weeks to launch day yesterday!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Sharon plays her concertina while Wallis Bird does the vocals. A small dose for me of that song is hearing it once throughout the whole Christmas run of Christmas FM!

During its last run in 2023, I heard two of the principals presenting: Garv Rigby and Daragh O'Sullivan. I did not hear the other two on air: Paul Shepard, aka Ray Jackson, and Walter Hegarty. Were either of them on air last year?

WFH today after a very stressful couple of days in work and thought I'd stick on Classical for some relaxing background music, but not feeling it at all to be honest. Going further still, looking back across 2024 so far I've not really gotten into it at any stage when listening in for even short spells, think I'll try & leave it alone for a few months and revisit it after my summer holidays.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Little update, 30 weeks today, Christmas FM is back on the nations airwaves!!

• Advertisement

Ooh....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I can identify some of the group, with two question marks. Clockwise from left to right: Walter Hegarty?, Adrian Nolan, Garvan Rigby, Daragh O'Sullivan, Patricia Lane? and Kieran Carrick. It would make sense that Walter is the first as he is one of the principals along with Garvan and Daragh. Maybe Paul Shepard is taking the photo!

great to see some life this far out, even if its just letting us know via social media!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Lord Nelson

I’m sure somebody here will correct me but I think the lady in the photo is Ann Marie Walsh. As far as I know, Paul Shepherd lives in Spain although it could be him behind the camera compliments of Ryanair!!

• Advertisement

I thought from the photo that I saw of Anne Marie Walsh on the website that she looked a bit different, but I could have that wrong.

26 weeks today Christmas FM launches on FM radio…. so we're half way there folks!

Must admit I haven't been listening in really this year, even the classical channel hasn't piqued my interest and haven't been able to listen for more than a song or 2 of that before turning off. The playlist on the classical isn't the best they've had either and it really needs a change as its quite repetitive, suspect hearing the same tunes each time I have logged on hasn't helped.

I heard Christmas FM by accident yesterday! I was scrolling through the Dublin stations on the Radio Garden app (great resource by the way!) and I noticed that The Sound of Ireland 94.3 was one of the stations listed. Out of curiosity I chose it, as I know that it comes from the same stable as Christmas FM. My Grown Up Christmas List by Natalie Cole was playing. I had my suspicions and sure enough another non-Irish Christmas song came on afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭BK5

Have the office to myself at the moment and have Christmas FM Classical playing right now in the background.

Don't check in on it that much but I am starting to get a tiny tingle that the build up will start in a few weeks time so might check out the other two channels while I'm here.

Random timeline check, Christmas FM launch day is 24 weeks today!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Yay!

Christmas FM had this up this morning!

And this on twitter/X

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Came to post the same thing. Even Santa got more sun than we did this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Advertisement

Tried listening in to Classical on Tuesday afternoon what with it being the half way point & all that, but nope, still couldn't get into it at all, even as background music.

This is the longest in years I've gone beyond half way & not had any christmas cravings at all, just not getting the feels at all being honest. I suspect a lot of that is work stress and as we get closer the excitement will build, at least I hope that's what it is!!

Oh and 22 weeks today its back on air!

Post edited by DvB on

Advertisement