Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

EEEEEP!!!! :D:D:D:D
    Kick off brekkie! Merry Christmas, Boardsies !!!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I love the FB update from them we just switched the Christmas on! I think you'll find CHRISTMAS FM we've had the Christmas switched on here all year :P

I love it between this and the toy show tomorrow how can it feel anymore like Christmas! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Loughc wrote: »
    I love the FB update from them we just switched the Christmas on! I think you'll find CHRISTMAS FM we've had the Christmas switched on here all year :P

I love it between this and the toy show tomorrow how can it feel anymore like Christmas! :D

Don't forget TV3's little spoiler show beforehand...... ;)

Here's the stream url if it helps anyone:

http://ice6.securenetsystems.net/XMASFM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Just died here in Mulhuddart. Anybody concur ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Tuned in in Cork this morning - was fine for a while but then cut out and now it's back on but the sound is very muffled. Any idea what's wrong - this happened last year too where it was cutting out frequently.

Now they've played the same song twice in a row - and it's like the record is skipping! Very strange! I'm listening online

leahyl wrote: »
    Tuned in in Cork this morning - was fine for a while but then cut out and now it's back on but the sound is very muffled. Any idea what's wrong - this happened last year too where it was cutting out frequently.

Now they've played the same song twice in a row - and it's like the record is skipping! Very strange! I'm listening online
    Dont know what "muffled sound" you're listening to, but its dead as a dodo here in Dublin 15

dodzy wrote: »
    Dont know what "muffled sound" you're listening to, but its dead as a dodo here in Dublin 15

It's like it's a recording and they're just playing the same bit of speaking and the same song over and over again - I clicked out of the site and went back in and now it's taking ages to load. My colleague has it on and it's playing away fine :confused:

Update: 10:04am. Normal business has resumed !

Now, fingers crossed that poxy "Christmas Shoes" song doesn't make an appearance.

Mines working again now

And gone again....I'm gonna have to switch, it's driving me mad! :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Seem to be having a few problems picking it up in Whest Limerick at the mo. The station is there, but nothing's playing out.

Also have the app, but the stop button isn't working on it. Is this a common glitch or is their something wrong with my iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

RoboAmish wrote: »
    Also have the app, but the stop button isn't working on it. Is this a common glitch or is their something wrong with my iPhone?

The stop button doesn't work on the app for me either. iPhone with the latest version of ios 7. I clicked on the Feedback option and sent an email about it a week or so ago but no one got back to me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was having problems with it cutting out on the app so I switched to the website and it's working great on that!

I'm sure they're just teething problems and it'll improve.

The stop button doesn't work on the app for me either. iPhone with the latest version of ios 7. I clicked on the Feedback option and sent an email about it a week or so ago but no one got back to me.

Are you using the app from last year? I was too, and then I searched for "Christmas FM" again in the app store and scrolled across to the second option to see they have a new app which was only created on the 24th of this month. Hopefully that'll solve the problem- it works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

Toy show tomorrow night!! woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

RoboAmish wrote: »
    Are you using the app from last year? I was too, and then I searched for "Christmas FM" again in the app store and scrolled across to the second option to see they have a new app which was only created on the 24th of this month. Hopefully that'll solve the problem- it works for me!

Thanks for that. I did download it this year but it was before the 24th so it was the old one. I've downloaded the new one and it's working. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'm getting tipp fm on the frequency provided for Waterford, not picking it up manually tuning!

I can't tune it in at all in Limerick City! I've tried a few radios with no joy. I know it's supposed to be on 105.5 but boy is it faint.

Tis working in Whest Limerick now. Christmas has come at last to the South West:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So no joy in Wicklow town on the radio - damn you East Coast FM having the monopoly.
    I did have the online stream on but it kept either cutting out or skipping in the tracks so I have been relegated to my iTunes list of Christmas songs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Anyone having issues with the internet stream, its really low quality, it's not my net connection either as I have 100mb UPC :-/

Yeah it's rubbish. Also was it €2 for a text last year?

I thought it was €1, but doesn't matter as all of the €2 goes to a really good cause.

€1 texts last year

CombatCow wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with the internet stream, its really low quality, it's not my net connection either as I have 100mb UPC :-/

Indeed. The quality has been shocking for about 2 hours now.

Thought me headphones were broken...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Yeah, crap quality most of the day :( We were trying to play it in work in the shop but had to turn it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Yeah, same here. Had to go to the iphone playlist.

It was christmas eve babe.......old man....years for.....sang a song...

So annoying. Did the opposite of putting me in the christmas mood....!!

Im not a fan of fairytale either :P

Also is the stream completely dead now, cant get it on pc or iphone...

**its back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Yea stream went dead on Android earlier. Don't know if it is back up yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

App seems a bit slow to react at times but was working okay this morning. (Android).

Disappointing no broadcast in the South East so far this year.

Advertisement