Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It was turned off in work today because Christmas Shoes kept being played. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Posy wrote: »
    It was turned off in work today because Christmas Shoes kept being played. :(

only heard it twice myself

Yeah. After the second playing it was turned to another station!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

ah sure you can please some of the people some of the time, not all the people all of the time

Indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

After the second playing I turned off the radio, I hate that song haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Anyone listening on a Roberts Internet radio? Was definitely working a couple of weeks ago but nothing today.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Yep...go onto the Frontier Silicon website and create a new entry under "My added stations" with this as the stream url:

http://ice31.securenetsystems.net/XMASFM

and all should be working!!

That's grand - thanks have it working now

Why does the listing on the Frontier Portal not work? Did Xmas FM change settings without telling them

Short answer is yes! The stream was offline a couple of days ago for around 12 hours and when it came back the settings were different. I don't think there's a way of notifying Frontier that it's no longer working unfortunately.

• Advertisement

The Pure one is probably gone too then, although I have FM ok-ish where my Pure is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Ugh yeah I couldn't remember what the Christmas Shoes song was and wasn't sure what the fuss was about before they went on air about "to play or not to play"... Then I heard it on air and thought "ah yea, should have gone for "Not to play...""

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Christmas Shoes is officially my most hated 'Christmas' song. It's AWFUL! I heard it for the first time on Christmas FM a few years, and I mute the radio whenever it comes on now. Christmas FM remains the only station I've ever heard it on, too.

Yeah, I often switch to another station from mid December because I can still get my fix of lovely Christmas songs without that awful yolk.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Christmas fm stream not working on tunein app, why? Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm listening to this station all the time lately!

Last night the guy read out a to Hugh Janus, he repeated the name twice during it :pac:

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

I'm listening to this station all the time lately!

Last night the guy read out a to Hugh Janus, he repeated the name twice during it :pac:

:rolleyes: Yep, I was presenting after him. He was mortified that that he missed that one. Although someone did spend a serious amount of cash texting in similar names all evening so at least some good will come from it.

Christmas Shoes... Its on a very low rotation despite being one of the most requested songs on the text line. When it comes to pleasing everyone its a loosing battle I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Christmas Shoes... Its on a very low rotation despite being one of the most requested songs on the text line. When it comes to pleasing everyone its a loosing battle I'm afraid.

Hahaha I can't believe it's so highly sought after! I'd love to know who requests it. At least low rotation + high request = much money for charity.

This thread is great! It's really interesting to have an inside track on the station.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

It's obviously being requested by evil people who want Christmas FM to lose all its listeners :D

I believe someone even made a film that is based on the song! EDIT: I just looked it up, Rob Lowe is in it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I like the song :P

The film is horrific in every sense of the word.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Faith wrote: »
    Hahaha I can't believe it's so highly sought after! I'd love to know who requests it.

Sure as Princess Peaches was saying earlier, some genius spent a fair chunk of his pocket money on Saturday requesting silly names to be read out. Mostly the prank calls Bart Simpson used on Mo in the early nineties if memory serves me correctly. It takes all sorts.

Out of interest has anyone been tuning into Classic Christmas FM? Its only a streamed service but there seems to be no feedback good or bad here on boards about it. What do you guys think about this service? Were you aware it existed? Should we grow it or spend less time mentioning it on air?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I like that type of music, esp relaxing in the evening or late at night, but I don't listen much as I prefer to hear the DJ's etc..

Sure as Princess Peaches was saying earlier, some genius spent a fair chunk of his pocket money on Saturday requesting silly names to be read out. Mostly the prank calls Bart Simpson used on Mo in the early nineties if memory serves me correctly. It takes all sorts.

Out of interest has anyone been tuning into Classic Christmas FM? Its only a streamed service but there seems to be no feedback good or bad here on boards about it. What do you guys think about this service? Were you aware it existed? Should we grow it or spend less time mentioning it on air?

It's wonderful Ronan!! I prefer it so much more to the headache inducing pop songs you usually hear on the radio at Christmas.

I've been listening to it since the start of November. Just so relaxing and beautiful. Don't know what I'll do after Christmas.....and there's um ahem no DJs!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I'd vaguely heard of it, but checked it out since your post; I really, really like it. I'm not anti-pop Christmas music at all, and I listen to Christmas FM in the car, but now I'll be listening to Classic Christmas FM at home; I definitely prefer less chatter and requests, and won't have to hear Christmas Shoes and Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer! :). I will be donating, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Have they played Bing & Bowie yet(little drummer boy)? I've been listening a fair bit since they went on air and I haven't heard it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

tunguska wrote: »
    Have they played Bing & Bowie yet(little drummer boy)? I've been listening a fair bit since they went on air and I haven't heard it yet

I've heard it on Classic Christmas FM twice today.

Eeden wrote: »
    I've heard it on Classic Christmas FM twice today.

Cheers I'll check that out

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

I love it and mostly prefer it to the main station (which I pretty much just use to get my Feliz Navidad fix) but the stream keeps dropping for me. Could well be a problem at my end, but I have no such problems with the stream for the main station.

It's an excellent idea though and I hope it proves successful.

I've been checking out Christmas stations from the US and even though I like Christmas fm I have to say the variety of songs coming from the states is way more extensive (and better).

• Advertisement

Is that on TuneIn or Pandora or what please?

Advertisement